Vacuum hose replacement

Quetzlcoatl

This is probably a long shot, but I don't suppose anybody here can help identify a vacuum hose for me can they?! :-o I'm after the part number or suggestions for alternatives...

The hose runs from the underside of the inlet manifold (the right-hand one of two hoses, the left one being alongside the dipstick) down to a sort of large plastic T-piece (which is in a much larger diameter hose that runs vertically from the engine block up toward the main air-intake hose etc [sorry that's a bit vague but I'm writing from memory!]).

Some cowboy stealer has replaced a short (~1 inch) section of the hose with a piece of rigid thin-walled plastic pipe with ineffectual cable ties at each end! The inside of the hose shows signs of heat damage, and the section was (I believe) replaced because it had split due to the heat, so I fear that the plastic pipe will soon melt/crack or leak at the joins.

A picture tells a thousand words...

The external diameter of the pipe (and internal dia of hose) is 9mm, but I guess the hose was probably 8mm ID originally (before heat/gas eroded the insides). So I suppose I could just use standard 8mm silicon hose? But I wonder whether that would cope with the tight-radius 90 degree bends? Also I can only see it for sale in 3m lengths and I only need 15cm or so! I suppose I could also try to find a piece of metal pipe with 8mm OD to replace the plastic bit - I could then fit jubilee clips... but where to find a piece of metal pipe...? :think:

Cheers,
Q

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Venair before when i bought the upper intercooler hoses for mine. I found them to be good quality, the delivery took a while but i was happy with Venair overall.

I still have one of the upper intercooler hoses on which has been fitted for over a year with no problems.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
i ordered mine on Christmas eve so didnt expect to receive it that quick but would have thought it might have come this week some time, i phoned them this morning but only got a answer machine so i emailed them, i am not in to much of a rush for it, as long as i do get it this month i dont mind, but when a company say immediate despatch then that is what you would expect.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.