Vagcom cable port location (03 reg Audi A3)

Hi Guys

Just purchased a new 1.6 Audi A3 se (when i say new it's new to me however it's an 03 plate). Just wanted to scan it for faults but i'm buggered if i can find the port for the cable to plug into. I probably looking to hard and it's right in front of my eyes. Anyone a bit more familiar with these and could point me in the right direction please? ;)

Thanks

Tim

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Think its infront of the gear stick under the radio, under a blank plate that you have to pull off.

Its under the driver side dash panel, near bonnet release

That was my first port of call (excuse the pun) :D but no joy

Think its infront of the gear stick under the radio, under a blank plate that you have to pull off.

i'll have a look here in the daylight. I did scan a friends audi of similar age not long ago and i remember it was under the steering column with no cover, unless this is just hidden a bit more and the cover is still in tact? If this is defo the location, ill have another butchers in the daylight.

Cheers guys :)

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
That was my first port of call (excuse the pun) :D but no joy

i'll have a look here in the daylight. I did scan a friends audi of similar age not long ago and i remember it was under the steering column with no cover, unless this is just hidden a bit more and the cover is still in tact? If this is defo the location, ill have another butchers in the daylight.

Cheers guys :)

Unless it has been pushed in then it will be bear the bonnet release. They don't have covers. No audi's do.

The old a3 (pre face lift) have them
where the leon does in the centre console but an 03 is near Bonnet release

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise