Value my car?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Gearboxes can take 300bhp or more. Remember getting 50-60 horses in a deisel is a lot of HP...Thats like getting another 80-100bhp in a petrol. The Leon is a lot of car and its hard to beat imo. I have driven nearly all the hatches out there and tbh I havent been tempted away at all. Personally i see making a deisel car fast and rival petrols, its more of a challenge.

I do see your point completely Chris though because your at the point, it is where everyone gets to when they mod something.

I miss the petrol revs...I love driving my best mates LCR but when i get back into mine I soon forget about it. :) If you were to change I think LCR is a good and keeps you within the family hehe.

What are you thinking of getting, whats your budget?

I know what your saying - just finished my Allard mod tonight, after Allards sent me a correct pancake pipe. Car has made me smile again......im completely in two minds.

Budget is around 15k.

I'm in love with this :drool:
K1.jpg

I really want to stay with a Leon. It will either be a LCR or a K1 like above.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Before you go for a CTR, bear in mind that it'll be pulling approx 5000rpm in 6th at 90mph on the motorway - you'll need earplugs! :headhurt:

Have a peep at this road test vid - it's in German but you'll get the gist - & spot the lap times for the handling course: LCR - 20.14 secs; CTR - 20.31 secs. Not a bad result considering that the CTR has IRS & a better power-weight ratio. Vid:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20xkb_seat-leon-cupra-r-1-8-t_auto

Get an LCR - you know it makes sense. :D

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I know what your saying - just finished my Allard mod tonight, after Allards sent me a correct pancake pipe. Car has made me smile again......im completely in two minds.
I think you still got a lot more to come from your car that will make you think "wow". Firstly you havent got Anti Roll Bars and they make a huge difference to handling and how you put power down. ARBs in short mean the tyres get to see more of the road so power down better and the car feels faster. You got bushes that make a huge difference to the feel. I doubt that going into another hatch will set your heart racing like a well modified Leon will. The actual drive of a standard LCR to your car with suspension isnt as good.

When I first started modifying my car and I just had suspension done and nothing else (no remap, no other major mods) I tested an LCR and my car back to back. I drove my mates LCR and he drove mine with the H&R suspension. Both of us said my car drove better...What I loved about LCR was the shorter steering rack.

Wish you were closer - I would take you out for a spin so you can see differences.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I think you still got a lot more to come from your car that will make you think "wow". Firstly you havent got Anti Roll Bars and they make a huge difference to handling and how you put power down. ARBs in short mean the tyres get to see more of the road so power down better and the car feels faster. You got bushes that make a huge difference to the feel. I doubt that going into another hatch will set your heart racing like a well modified Leon will. The actual drive of a standard LCR to your car with suspension isnt as good.

When I first started modifying my car and I just had suspension done and nothing else (no remap, no other major mods) I tested an LCR and my car back to back. I drove my mates LCR and he drove mine with the H&R suspension. Both of us said my car drove better...What I loved about LCR was the shorter steering rack.

Wish you were closer - I would take you out for a spin so you can see differences.

Sent you a PM Maz.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.