Vauxhall to race Vectra's next season

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i wished they had used the corsa.how hilarious would it be seeing loads of fibreglassed ones sat next to porkers and aston martins at the btcc carpark.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
I'd like to see some bigger cars back in it again - nostalgic for the days of the Alfas, BMWs, Vectras, 406s, Lagunas, A4s, 850s, Primeras, etc.

This would be a problem for SEAT as the new Toledo doesn't really look like it would be a good basis for a Touring Car...

nugget

Lurking in the background
nice veiled whinging on the btcc.net article..."only team that wont be at a disadvantage is SEAT..."..."the new regulations have given us a real headache...." :lol:
They chose to race a car to BTCC spec when they knew super 2000 was coming...and SEAT haven't been at a disadvantage the last few years have they??? :blink: :rolleyes:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I remember Plato talking about the Toledo, and that as a standard car the chassis wasn't all that brilliant. So making a racing car effectively using the same base road car underneath would still have some of the flaws of the road car.

The Leon has a better basic chassis, and as a result the racing car is that much better to start with, before they start adding bits.

Now if the Vectra is as understeery as the Top Gear video suggests, VX have their work cut-out. :p

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I doubt Ford have the money to enter the BTCC atm. Anyway, if they were to, they'd probably use the Focus ST as a base rather than the Mondeo.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise