Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
A long while ago I programmed the driving mode to display in the FIS whenever it was changed and on start up. Once I had done this, the explanation text for each mode disappeared when you pushed the mode button. I naturally assumed that, as this was all I had changed this is why it suddenly stopped appearing.

I have now finally got round to turning it back off again but still no description text when I press the mode button. I can select each as normal bit I've just got a blank box above the buttons. Any ideas?

Also coded rain closing Windows today. Does this only work with ignition on and driving or does it put them up if they're left open during the day and it starts to rain?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
A long while ago I programmed the driving mode to display in the FIS whenever it was changed and on start up. Once I had done this, the explanation text for each mode disappeared when you pushed the mode button. I naturally assumed that, as this was all I had changed this is why it suddenly stopped appearing.

I have now finally got round to turning it back off again but still no description text when I press the mode button. I can select each as normal bit I've just got a blank box above the buttons. Any ideas?

Also coded rain closing Windows today. Does this only work with ignition on and driving or does it put them up if they're left open during the day and it starts to rain?

Thanks in advance

Rain closing windows doesnt work on the facelift models

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Rain closing windows doesnt work on the facelift models

Yeah I'd come to the realisation that was the case lol. I haven't bothered changing any coding back as it doesn't affect anything else anyway.

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
I’ve add auto lights to my Leon but the welcome lights to me don’t come on until it’s totally dark!! Is there anyway to adjust them ? I’ve got the vcds software so any help would be appreciated

I would prefer them to come on at dusk light

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I’ve add auto lights to my Leon but the welcome lights to me don’t come on until it’s totally dark!! Is there anyway to adjust them ? I’ve got the vcds software so any help would be appreciated

I would prefer them to come on at dusk light
As you've coded the auto lights there may be the option in the infotainment under the car settings menu. You should be able to choose early mid or late. I say there may be the option as I spec'd auto lights on mine and therefore the menu has always been there for me.

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
As you've coded the auto lights there may be the option in the infotainment under the car settings menu. You should be able to choose early mid or late. I say there may be the option as I spec'd auto lights on mine and therefore the menu has always been there for me.

It is set to sensitive, but I’ve got an Audi A6 and I unlock this at the same time and the welcome lights come on but not the Leon there must be something in the settings to adjust the sensitivity

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
It is set to sensitive, but I’ve got an Audi A6 and I unlock this at the same time and the welcome lights come on but not the Leon there must be something in the settings to adjust the sensitivity
Have you coded the coming/leaving home light thingy separately?

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,

I have already post on another topic on this forum.

I don't know if someone got the same default code on the module A5. Since I have coded through VCDS the traffic sign recognition, i have 2 default code:

"1123600 predictive route data B1630 02 [008] - Défaut de signal"
"1123601 predictive route data B1630 02 [008] - Défaut de signal"

Is someone already get this issue on the A5 module. BTW, the traffic sign reco is working well.

Thanks for your help.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Hi,

I have already post on another topic on this forum.

I don't know if someone got the same default code on the module A5. Since I have coded through VCDS the traffic sign recognition, i have 2 default code:

"1123600 predictive route data B1630 02 [008] - Défaut de signal"
"1123601 predictive route data B1630 02 [008] - Défaut de signal"

Is someone already get this issue on the A5 module. BTW, the traffic sign reco is working well.

Thanks for your help.
What mofel and year is your car?

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
I have a leon ST FR from 2016.
Facelift model?

If traffic sign rec means that you get a small maximum speed sign show up(left side) in satnav mode, then on my 2017 fr it came standard.

Can you post your adaptation map?

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Traffic sign recognition should appear in the fis in the gauge cluster as far as I'm aware. The speed limit in the nav is linked to the nav.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Im not familiar with traffic sign recognition, is there an addition hardware installed or is it all done by vcd?
Traffic sign recognition should appear in the fis in the gauge cluster as far as I'm aware. The speed limit in the nav is linked to the nav.

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Im not familiar with traffic sign recognition, is there an addition hardware installed or is it all done by vcd?

Hardware: You need to have the camera below the mirror inside the car (Do you have lane assist and/or light assist option ?)
Software: vcds or obdeleven and follow the tuto.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Hardware: You need to have the camera below the mirror inside the car (Do you have lane assist and/or light assist option ?)
Software: vcds or obdeleven and follow the tuto.
Aah, then i will be of no help. My car is the standard fr tech facelift, the only option i added were the 18" wheels

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi
The default code (1123600 mentioned before) come from the 5F module. To activate the traffic sign reco, on the tutorial, we have to activate on the 5F module the Byte 24 / bit 7 and it is related to the prédictive route data. I have unactivated it (Byte 24 / bit 7), there is no default code but the traffic sign is not working well and i have an error when i start the engine. Is someone activated Byte 24 / bit 7 for the traffic sign reco ? Thanks

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Welcome lights function was already in the car settings?
Maybe the Audi sensor is just a touch more sensitive then? If you have auto lights and wipers it should work as standard if the car thinks it's dark enough to have lights on.

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
Maybe the Audi sensor is just a touch more sensitive then? If you have auto lights and wipers it should work as standard if the car thinks it's dark enough to have lights on.

I’m going to go through vcds software again at weekend

Kisszabo

Aug 25, 2015
Hungary - Győr
Hi everybody! I have a very simple question: Can my Cupra, with this head-unit play videos from USB, or SD? 50A 035 846; HW H24; SW 0245. Thank you for your reply! The fotos are working, but from video files comes only the sound, without picture...

Attachments

• 43788062_1904430969644120_2476682772295450624_o.jpg
    43788062_1904430969644120_2476682772295450624_o.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members