was just about to order a set of hid's and ballasts when I came across this.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
So your assuming I have not fitted auto levelling and washers on my headlights? ;)

There is NO enforcement agency (Police, VOSA) taking on the problems with aftermarket HIDS.

Where does it say in law that my aftermarket HIDS are illegal? and who is going to enforce the law if there is one?

IMO until I am physicly told by the DfT that HIDS are a prob there staying!

I keep my lenses clean and as I work for VOSA the allignment is checked every month, cant run around in an illegal car can I[B)].

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
So your assuming I have not fitted auto levelling and washers on my headlights? ;)

There is NO enforcement agency (Police, VOSA) taking on the problems with aftermarket HIDS.

Where does it say in law that my aftermarket HIDS are illegal? and who is going to enforce the law if there is one?

I keep my lenses clean and as I work for VOSA the allignment is checked every month, cant run around in an illegal car can I[B)].

very well put!

In my opinion the only possibly problem with HID's is when they are out of allignment....but then the allingment doesn't change when you put them in so the previous bulbs were causing just as much a hazzard!

I dont think anyone would ever claim that someones headlights casued them to crash...how many times have you come accross some numpty with thier high beams on by mistake?? did that cause you to suddenly drive off the road...or into them? my guess is NO!

rant over lol

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com

Agree entirely with this!

My night vision is not good, nor is my vision in general .... diabetes has put paid to that, never mind the fact i've worn glasses for years and my vision wasn't the best before diabetes. I'm a safer driver with HID installed and that's all i care about - like you i've had the alignment checked regularly and it's fine. The only thing i'd say is that the projector lenses make a far better job of focussing the light from the HID than the reflectors ever did.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.