water leak anyone?

mikey 150 FR

hi
got a 55 plate leon 150 fr and have a serious water leak coming it the n/s/r door and sitting in the floor.
any 1 experienced this before im told it was a common fault in them?
and the other thin i was wantin to get an arm rest (seen a few in different photos) any1 know where to get them or can they be purchased fom the dealer..
thanks

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
97740087_9d2d2bb254_o.jpg

Answer here

Last edited:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Last edited:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Basically take off your door panel undo the bolts around the metal ancillary carrier pull it out a bit, clean it all up with acetone or the likes and squeeze clear silicone sealant or whatever you have around it and bolt it back up then wipe away the excess. Or buy a roll of the seal from the dealer and re do it. Its easy took me an hour and a half to do all my doors and theres no leaks now.

Also take the seal off the bottom of the doors and clean them, then make sure the drainage holes in the bottom of the doors are clear too.

The arm rest is quite pricey and can be bought from dealer for around £110 its in the accessories section on seat.co.uk the ones on ebay are s**t dont bother with them.

Hope this helps you mate:)

Oh and welcome to the community!!!!!!

Last edited:

mikey 150 FR

oh well get the message thanks for those of you who helped.

abdam

I have a Leon 2002 Plate and I have leaks too. Mine is the doors where it leaks behind the regulators as there is a bad seal... look at this

w w w .seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44216

(i had to space it out like that as the forum wouldn't let me post a link just yet. Just delete the spaces when you copy and paste)

But if yours is just in the passenger foot well it might not be the door it might be your pollen filter as that link also discribes.

hope this helps :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.