Water leak in boot - NOT the usual rear washer problem

atze_etze

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please :)

sorry for double post :(

Last edited by a moderator:

someone_99

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please :)

sorry for double post :(

Hi,
Maybe you have some water coming from ventilation grills? Do you have much water there in the boot corner?
The best way to see is to go to a car wash, sit in the boot and see where is the water coming from....... Did you make any check like this?
But it's so f...g cold out there.....-20C
I still have a little leak from somewhere on top, and i suspect hinge because I could not seal it completely.
I will renew my works on that issue in spring.....now i just don't care

atze_etze

hey , no its not the ventialtions grill, and its not much water , but not much is even to much :). u dont see anything because u cannot see the place where its leaking too less space to look ... its behind c-pillar , but not from above!!! there were leaks from above but i finally fix them ... it was the hinge

now im guessing the water must come from wheel arch, dont want to remove the bumper ... did you ever removed your bumper ? dunno how i manage this ... its a shame that such a nice car is leaking that much ... im so dissapointed

undertacher

Oct 15, 2013
Romania
My problem is solved,look in to the post # 98 at last 2 pictures,there was my problem, 1 cm of missing sealant.And no i didnt remove the bumper completely just i pull that corner from the suport.
First my problem was like in the post #95 but i put sealant inside the hinge like in first picture from post #98.
Where u find the water ,maybe u can put some pictures here,it will help us.

Check the ruber from the ventilation from this pictures and there is enough place to look in the place u say look t me.

Last edited:

atze_etze

hey, thanks for your respond

hm , i am not allowed to post URLs to toher sites after i have made 15posts or more ?!?!

tomorrow i will try to remove bumper like you ... are there just 2 screws to drill out ? if its done i will put sealant where you did and hope its fine then

i give u reply next days :)

tyvm

undertacher

Oct 15, 2013
Romania
There are 4 screws inside the trunk and 5 other in each side on the weal,there are more under the bumper .
U can make 15 post easy.It is easy to understand from pictures.

atze_etze

There are 4 screws inside the trunk and 5 other in each side on the weal,there are more under the bumper .
U can make 15 post easy.It is easy to understand from pictures.

yeah ok , its a big act ... i have to remove the whole coverpanel in inside the boot right ?

i thought its just 2-4 screws only in wheel arch ? ... wont remove them completely (the bumper)

undertacher

Oct 15, 2013
Romania
Yes u have to remove the coverpanel inside the boot and to remove the bumper even just a little u have to unscrew those 4 screws from inside the boot and those under the bumper.

atze_etze

hmm ok ... sounds like much work :(

before i will do it , i will seal under those ventilation grill .... that sealing seems suspicous ...

atze_etze

water is gathering there ! where it comes from is not visible :( (i took your pic and edit it) hope its ok ! that red circle

did you SEAL also here from inside ? red line (arrow)

tomorrow i can make original fotos if it helps

atze_etze

my car is a phuckin joke .... i sealed complete hinge ( i removed hinge completely to be able to seal it at the top & buttom) ... everything ... and it still comes from above like in post #95
if i hammer down normal whater its dry ... so is carwash ... its dry ... if it rains a day .. its wet ... WTF ? ? ? its a mysterium ....

yellow line is where i sealed .... and i sealed with quality product , autobody sealing no silicon or something

atze_etze

yes , and not once ... 4 times already ...

and i saw the holes you mentioned earlier in this thread ... i sealed them ...

someone_99

Seems i got the same. Tried to seal everything. pouring normally water - it's dry. If it rains - it's wet. Very strange......:(

I've read on forums that there could be also a problem with the radio aerial. But in that case you would have your roof covering wet....

I'm gonna continue my investigation.....

someone_99

by the way I had 1 more leak from here

atze_etze

radio arieal is also sealed

one more leak from where ? radio aerial ? did you post pic ? if yes cant see it ...

now i can see it ... my problem is only from above (hinge) ... anything else is tight

atze_etze

u mean the rubber sealing boot door ?

dont think so ... i cant see any water coming from there ....

your sealing problem is on left hinge ? mine on right hinge ....

atze_etze

its dry its dry its dry ... i cant believe it

after 10 hours rain ! its finally dry ....

yeeeeeeeeeeeah :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise