Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Big Lach

Aye, I've ordered a new door seal, just waiting for it to arrive - the joys of living in the Outer Hebrides!

bazeboiee

Does anyone have a photo of the pollen filter cover and how to get into it? All the guides I've seen have no photos attached to them. Andy, any chance of getting yours back on?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
pollen_gap.JPG

plagan04

would u be able to send me a copy of ur guide with the photos as they seem to be gone now would b much appreciated

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Hi all!

I did start to read through all 78 pages but my clothes went out of fashion, lol

Mine has done this for the second time now, as the mat has been sprayed the water beads are just siting on that.

So would guess if damp by the seal and below the speaker its the door seal?

and

If wet coming from under dash is the pollen filter?

Many thanks

CB

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Cheers Lee,

Ahh just re-read what I typed, lol, I meant its done it for the second time in about two weeks, so not tried to fix it yet.

Had the car over a year and always been quite happy as never leaked, thought maybe as its a 55 plate 2006 model may have escaped the issue!

I shall have a proper look tonight :)

What I was getting at is, if its the pollen filter, would it damp on carpet under dash?

Then if the door would only be damp along the sill etc...?

Many thanks

CB

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010
Cossie-boy,

Exactly what LEE69 has said, that was my issue. You need to ensure the tray that the pollen filter sits in is sealed. All edges.

Cheers

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Thanks lads

Its fairly dry now but the only bit I could find was under the door card. The carpet which I spose covers the bulk head area is bone dry, so guess if there it would leak if pollen.

I did also earlier notice some water on the plastic on the top of the sill, so guess must be the door!

Very good guide and instructions :)

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Nothing so far today despite it pi55ing down!

I shall post photos later but noticed a little bit of water on the top of drivers and passenger front door sills, but not coming into the car. Should there just be none at all?

Also the Butyl tape, I have double sided tape I have used to stick number plates on before which is actually a sealant for double glazed windows which goes around the edge of the windows, its about the same size, would this be ok I should I get the butyl stuff?

Cheer

CB

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
On the sills there shouldn't be any. I've found my left side front leaks although we've found the main part that's leaking and sorted that

The only thing I can do about it at the minute is park the car the other way round and when I open the drivers door there's never any water there )famous last words)

Personally I'd get the butyl tape as it'll last longer so for the 10 quid it costs I'd prefer to have more peace of mind lol

leeham987

Did my rear drivers side door today, as it was leaking. Waiting for rainy day now. If successful, will do rest if doors as a precaution.

Great guide by dubsteve

Jav121

Aug 13, 2011
West Yorkshire
Attempted door leak repair has resulted in no electrics - please help!

Was repairing the door seals using dubsteve's guide one door in and I have run into problems. Whilst doing the front passenger door, the light bulb inside broke - its the bulb inside the below pic - the whole thing pulled off the light and I managed to break the plug, and the connector around it!

j5fu54.jpg

Whilst i get a new one, i left the old connection out - fixed the seal, connected everything up bar this and my electronics are no longer working - can't wind any windows up or down and the internal door/roof lights do not work.

Any help would be appreciated, is the missing bulb/connector causing a break in the circuit stopping the internal electrics from working or is it something else... ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members