Weitec coilovers

Deamox1fy

Hi mates

Hope all is well..

So I've been browsing around and came across some coilovers at a price that is very very good.. Weitec coilovers, anyone heard of them and/or have them on their car?

Are they good? Reliable? Nice ride? My main concern is the very very bumpy ride, don't want to change springs and shocks, would rather do full coilovers rather than to waste time and money on that. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i got a set off DPM - very happy with them, the ride isnt much more harsh than the standard FR suspension in my opinion! only major problem i had was the back didnt go low enough so i took the adjuster cupout! now sits lovely.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i got a set off DPM - very happy with them, the ride isnt much more harsh than the standard FR suspension in my opinion! only major problem i had was the back didnt go low enough so i took the adjuster cupout! now sits lovely.

just don't get any serious "air" over a bridge or anything, otherwise you could end up being a LOT lower than you really should be... spring might fall out! lol :confused:

Deamox1fy

I'm looking for a softer and more confortable ride rather than the hard bumpy ride all the time..

Deamox1fy

Softer ride? I'm gonna get myself a set.. Been waiting for quite a while to decide which one's to go for

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i got an FR ibiza and to be honest i thought the ride was stiffer but almost as smooth as the standard FR suspension - but i thought that the ride on the standard suspension wasnt very smooth in the first place.

you will be struggling to find a kit that gives you a soft ride and at same time lowering you car! most of them are designed to reduce the travel and stiffen the car hence hardening up the ride!

on a budget, i found the weitec coilies really good!

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Oooh aimez , glad your getting them fitted :D
Happy days!!!!
Dont forget to postpics when its done
Sarah

May 22, 2009
South Wales
thats the way!! get it decked aimez! would take the adjuster cup out straight away too! the whole time i had them on with it in i was toying with the idea of taking it off! ended up having to rede the rear of the car to take them out!

looks so much better too! will have to add some pics! - maybe when i give the car a wash lol!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i live at the end of gower, and thought i would leave mine in because of the roads! i also do alot of surfing which entails parking in rough potholed car parks - but no still ended coming off! looks much better with it out in my opinion - brings the back end to the ground, helps the handling!

on the other hand - i have just replaced the sump on my car for obvious reasons LOL!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
will take a pic and post it u as soon i get my car back and washed! going to have it on the dynamo sunday too so should be good! it is just about flat with the adjuster cup out, but my fronts are down quit low!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members