Well, more of an FAO really - I've fixed a problem with the email notifications I had

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey peeps

Just in case anyone else was suffering from the same thing as I have been for ages now....

When I get email notifications from the forums telling me there's been a reply, whenever there was a number amount in the reply, or at the top of every email, I got a load of funny characters on the email, making it hard to read. Kinda like this:

ÃÃÃÃÃÃÃÃÃã23.3ÃÃÃÃÃÃÃà à à à à à Ã

Well, I've fixed it. No ideas why, but its the browser encoding that does it. I've never adjusted it at all, and its been different on different machines and browsers (IE6, IE7)

All I did was swap the encoding from one to the other, so from UTF-8 to Western European, or from Western European to UTF-8.

Thats now fixed it. Why the hell it was wrong in the first place I don't know, or perhaps its in the format of the email from the new forum version. But just in case anyone else had it, theres ur fix :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Interesting.... I'll have alook at the settings at lunchtime. might just be a slip of the finger

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.