Westy's Mk4 Ibiza... Sorry to see it going :-(

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
ive no idea for the part number mate sorry. I jus went into the dealers and asked for a pre-facelift Fr rear valance. Iirc it was £16.

ordered one today from seat, hopefully be the right thing, want to change the bumper but hard to get hold of it so mite settle with this for time being, so i can try get a backbox or tip or somethin to make the back a bit better

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Come november time, you're gonna have to tell me how to get the ipod cable round to the handbrake in true detail,i love the idea so much im gonna have to try it myself :D

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Come november time, you're gonna have to tell me how to get the ipod cable round to the handbrake in true detail,i love the idea so much im gonna have to try it myself :D

its pretty simple mate. Looks more complicated than it is. Its comes from the back of the headunit, under the trim that runs along the handbrake etc and up through a little gap below the handbrake. I'll help you in more detail matey when you need it.

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
allright again mate, I'm at the point where the new headunit (with the ipod cable) is coming soon, so i'm finding out how get the cable up through the hole in the handbrake bit. Now I've got so far as seeing how to get the cable just past the gearstick, so how do I get the cable through the last part, beacuse there's no way that you can pull it under the middle of the console. Could you tell me how to finish it off? Thanks again :D

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
allright again mate, I'm at the point where the new headunit (with the ipod cable) is coming soon, so i'm finding out how get the cable up through the hole in the handbrake bit. Now I've got so far as seeing how to get the cable just past the gearstick, so how do I get the cable through the last part, beacuse there's no way that you can pull it under the middle of the console. Could you tell me how to finish it off? Thanks again :D

i had to lift the whole console off. I then put the cable through the hole (where the handbrake would go thorough and then put it all back in place. hope this helps.

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Ah i seee, now i've noticed two screws underneath the cupholder behind the handbrake, are there any more and what screwdriver do i need to take them off?
P.S sorry for all the questions mate

Last edited:

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Ah i seee, now i've noticed two screws underneath the cupholder behind the handbrake, are there any more and what screwdriver do i need to take them off?
P.S sorry for all the questions mate

dont worry bout all the questions matey. I left it screwed on. I pulled it from the gear stick area if that makes sense? I didnt completely remove it. Just pulled it up.

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
sounds like more hassle than its worth, on mine, that whole area is bolted down and i cant shift it

you must be doing it differently to me. As far as i can remeber i jus pulled at it, slotted the wire through and job done. Took me all of 5mins. I'll have a look when i finish work, see if ive forgot something.

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Don't worry now mate it's all sorted, its a long way but it does the trick. I gotta lift up the gear gaitor, remove 2 screws underneath that, and 2 screws underneath the cupholder in the rear and it just lifts up enough to get the cable through, thanks for the help again mate!

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Don't worry now mate it's all sorted, its a long way but it does the trick. I gotta lift up the gear gaitor, remove 2 screws underneath that, and 2 screws underneath the cupholder in the rear and it just lifts up enough to get the cable through, thanks for the help again mate!

No worries mate, glad you got it sorted in the end!

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Sad to say the Ibiza is going...

As mentioned in a thread somewhere else i'm moving on from the Ibiza. :(

Just like to say a big thanks to all who have helped and advised me over the 3 years ive been a member on the site. My car would have never looked the way it does without your help, mucho appreciated!

I'll keep logging into the site as i'm sure i'll return to the seat fold at some point in the future.

Here's a link to the thread which shows what i'm moving on to::)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211786

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members