What a load of boll**ks

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
What is this guy on about. Hes saying that the 210 engine is stronger than the 210 engine in cupra r. Have a look for ya selves:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-SEAT-LEO...7QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18270QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its not a lot of bollocks mate, there is truth in this. The 210 S3 engine is ''supposedly'' stronger than the 225 BAM engine.

Its been commented on here for a while but to my knowledge a 210 LCR engine has not been stripped down to prove it yet! Im not sure where the rumour started either?

In the parts catalogue, it shows the 210/225 rods the same although they would be if the 225 rods superceeded the 210 rods and the 210 rods were no longer available!

I have a 210 AMK engine and been running 330hp/400+lbft through it for 18mths now without failure:shrug:

Ive heard 225 engines bending rods just with remaps:shrug:

I probably will uprate my rods some time in the future so hopefully ill be able to prove if this ''myth'' is true or not:shrug:

As to remaps both cars remap to the same level but obviously the bigger gain comes from the 210 engined car. (210-265 = 55hp increase) (222-265 = 43hp increase)

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org

I think there were 5 LCR engines in total

2 in one car and 1 in another with reports of the engine being over revved i.e, changing down the box exceeding max revs and bypassing the rev limiter (no way of limiting mechanical over revving). Exceeding max revs must be the easiest way to bend yer rods

flashbsd

conrods are stronger in the 210 and below than the 225 mate so hes not completely wrong. 23mm and 19 or something?!?

Its as bollocks as sauying a PD150 with REVO will outrun a BMW M9 a nd a Porsche boxter turbo 2.9l. :rolleyes: as all ure threads seem to read are about

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Remember Vennuth....:doh:

two words "Rolling Restarts"

LMAO we had some fun at Brum SCn Meets that was for sure......although believe it or not Vennuth's driving wasn't as scary as WIlko's Golf OMFG that was scary, overtaking on a dark wet night round a sweeping bend into oncoming traffic.....I'm sure Wilko had it all under control though ;) :hide:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Its not a lot of bollocks mate, there is truth in this. The 210 S3 engine is ''supposedly'' stronger than the 225 BAM engine.

Its been commented on here for a while but to my knowledge a 210 LCR engine has not been stripped down to prove it yet! Im not sure where the rumour started either?

In the parts catalogue, it shows the 210/225 rods the same although they would be if the 225 rods superceeded the 210 rods and the 210 rods were no longer available!

I have a 210 AMK engine and been running 330hp/400+lbft through it for 18mths now without failure:shrug:

I probably will uprate my rods some time in the future so hopefully ill be able to prove if this ''myth'' is true or not:shrug:

As to remaps both cars remap to the same level but obviously the bigger gain comes from the 210 engined car. (210-265 = 55hp increase) (222-265 = 43hp increase)

If the 210 and 225 rods WERE different, but the 225 rods superseeded the 210 rods - how would the 210 rods fit in a 225 engine? Are you saying they'd have to replace the rods, pistons and pins?

Maybe they're listed the same BECAUSE they're the same?

210 engines have bent rods too.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
:doh: I always knew I should have bought a 210 and not a 225.

I'm no materials expert, and I'm certainly no mechanical engineer. One thing I scratch my head over is the absoluteness of peoples belief that 'one thing' must be better than 'something else'.

As a non expert I'd happily speculate that something may or may not be better, but to advertise a difference that has not been substanciated by the manufacturer amounts to misinformation.

It's not like we're timing two cars on a drag strip, we're speculating engine strength of 2 engines that operate within a hairs tolerance of each other.

Manufacturers designs are subject to change of specification without notice, and in some cases a product can be re-engineered to different tolerances if a change in physical design or material allows. VW group would not knowingly send an engine to market that was going to have an increased failure rate as it is very expensive for them, and the brand / reputational impact would be severe.

I don't doubt any of whats been said above in terms of measurements, but to make such a bold comment in an advert selling a car is misleading.

peter staples

that ad for the 210

hey ho . that 210 on e-bay ITS MINE !i placed the ad and the info i got when i got this car came from THIS FORUM.yes! you boys put that info up , so its not me talking bol**cks !all i want to do is sell a car ,not upset people. thanks to chilli TDI for bringing to my attention . any probs my mobile numbers on the ad , just ring Happy to talk!!!!!!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Peter, it was just the rods that were reportedly stronger, pistons are the same and good for power levels of 500bhp+

Feel, I'll try and explain what i meant

The part numbers for both 210/225 conrods are the same, but that doesnt neccessarly mean that they are the same! I suggested the 225 BAM rods may have superceeded the 210 AMK rods. Perhaps the company that supplied SEAT with rods had a new batch, had them redesigned due to costs? Maybe the new batch was made to a different tolerance?

Why did they change the pistons and rods from the original 150bhp engine? Surely they could have just used the stock/supply that they already had from the 150bhp engines? It was probably down to cost that they redesigned the internals. The 210 perhaps used the left over parts from the 150bhp engines and when they ran out they then got a whole new batch of cheaper BAM internals?

I dont know buddy:shrug: but i dont know where this myth has come from either?

In not saying that the 210 engine is definitely stronger, i merely stated that the myth about them has been going around a while! Who made it up, where did it come from?

I have been testing the 210 AMK for 18mths now at quite high power and extremely high torque levels without failure so far, touch wood! I may in the future change the rods to allow me to fit 100bhp nitrous jetting along with the hybrid so hopefully ill be able to put this myth to bed when and if i decide to take the car that far:)

Last edited:

peter staples

thanks mate i was not been funny about the post ,iwas just pissed off when i got in from work and found that someone was shouting there mouth off . not trying to rip any one off just thought it was a selling point as i need to sell the car quick ! new business is taking off v quickly!please let me know how it goes sounds like it will be an awsome car .... good luck with it

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
peter staples has reported a post.

Reason:
that ad for the 210

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey ho . that 210 on e-bay ITS MINE !i placed the ad and the info i got when i got this car came from THIS FORUM.yes! you boys put that info up , so its not me talking bol**cks !all i want to do is sell a car ,not upset people. thanks to chilli TDI for bringing to my attention . any probs my mobile numbers on the ad , just ring Happy to talk!!!!!!
Forum: Leon Mk1
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: philtdi
Original Content:
What is this guy on about. Hes saying that the 210 engine is stronger than the 210 engine in cupra r. Have a look for ya selves:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-SEAT-LEO...7QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18270QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.