What are the better seats, Cupra R cloth or Cupra full leather??

paul26982

cloth R for me, just abit different, the leater ones look a tad cheap, if there were the same style as the audi s3 leather then id say them

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
Leather is pretty cold at this time of year. And sticky in summer....

Cloth seems to grip better when cornering (and looks better IMHO).

Tabazan

Cloth for me . .

Leather seats on a hot day are never pleasant . . :no:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Golf Mk4 Recaro's are nice because they are heated which can be retained with a bit of wiring and some VAG switches. A Nice part Alcantara retrim would be nice.

The R32 Konig seats look great too IMO

img.php

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
having had leather seats i would never by a car with leather again. its freezingin winter and boiling in summer and it makes your legs and back sweat

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Cloth for me, as said though the Recaro's in my old S3 were great, black leather with silver alcantara inserts :p

In cars like the S3/FR/LCR etc you will slide around like buggery on leather seats.. :drive1:

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
The LC Leather seats are cheap, hard, and uncomfortable. As mentioned, too hot in summer, too cold in winter and you slide about on them. I also never found a comfortable position with the fussy electric controls, but that may have been as much to do with them being too firm and slippy though.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
LCR Recaro drivers v LCR std passengers for comparison

img.php

I always thought the LCR seats were Recaro, even pre-2003 when they didn't say Recaro? They certainly look the same, share the same design, feel the same and have the same material?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I always thought the LCR seats were Recaro, even pre-2003 when they didn't say Recaro? They certainly look the same, share the same design, feel the same and have the same material?

No they were always an option, 210 LCR's had a different 2 seat rear bench too. 225's it was just the fronts that were an option.

Recaro seats have stitching saying 'Recaro'
Recaro seats have lumbar Support
Recaro seats have a small cut out where the headrest is and different shaped head rest.

In other words you got bugger all for your money

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Still well over priced for considering the tiny differences to normal seats... The rear bench also appear sto pretty much make the car a four seater as no one but a small child would fit in the middle there and there is no way a booster seat would fit for a child that small.... :)

Definitely not worth the money, think it was £750 for the 225 cars?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.