What car insurers are people with?

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Renewal is coming up and was just looking around for a better price.

Tried both the forum sponsors but no luck with them.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
I’m with Sainsbury’s although mines a 184 TDI FR and not a Cupra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bruceR

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Probably won't help a lot of people here, as you are UK based and I'm in Belgium - but, insured (house, cars, all of it) at KBC. Very happy with them, also when things go bad.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I always go thru the meerkats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you declared all mods?
I did it once. Each mod put it up by about 50 quid. Ended up being in the clouds.
Even an exhaust was about 200 extra.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I found Adrian Flux were cheaper for me a few years ago, and then all of a sudden, the renewal was like 6 times the amount it was previously. SEAT Insurance (of all people) were cheapest for that year, by far. But this year has been Adrian Flux again.

There's a few brokers you can try; Adrian Flux, Sky Insurance, Brenacre, Herts

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

andycupra

status subject to change
Greenlight, Adrian Flux are hit and miss in my experience, sometimes they are great, but long term i found renewals usually poor - but this is probably fair to say for many insurers. (even if one year i was told by one of them "we could get it £30 cheaper with a different provider but its not worth the paperwork" - so i simply went elsewhere. madness.
Unfortunately there are so many variables that you just have to keep looking around, for one person a broker could be great and for others not so. they are have there own little areas and approaches that mean today they might encourage a certain cover type, of which there is car type, age, area, use as well as loads of other variables. sometimes quotes are silly purely due them not really wanting to push that area, its a polite way of saying we don't want your business, however if you are happy to pay silly money...

for me currently hastings are great. however i am older than most on here and i do not have a modified car. for those modifying / younger you will find different companies are better.
In theory a broker will be able to cut out the variances and give you a good price, but they are usually tied to certain providers.

Meerkats etc are fine, but they do cut things out of the policy to get higher up the results. often going direct can provide better quality cover. they will also tend to be best for standard type cars any variable and it might go mad.

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
ESURE have been great the last few years. Was a long time customer of Greenlight back when I have a plethora of Impreza's but they have never been able to compete with newer cars for me unfortunately

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Currently with swift cover and was previously with axa who own swift but last year wanted nearly 200 quid more on renewal yet swift came in cheaper on comparison sites, only change was 1 more year NCB.....i'm sure some make it up as thye go along.

Shopping around myself as mines due up next month... prices not looking too great at the moment

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Admiral for me. So far none of the mod's i've declared have increased the price. I'm 25 with 7 year no claims, 15,000 miles a year with business insurance came to about £300 for the year on my cupra.

The next cheapest was AXA at £600

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Still with Sheilas Wheels (was with Esure but SW were cheaper - sister company) as I have been for years, always the cheapest with the best cover. £280 for the Cupra this year.

Last edited:

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Ringing round today and I'm 0 for 2, both Greenlight and Chris knott wont touch my post code.....Hoping for better look when a couple of other's I've been suggested are back open tomorrow

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Just use a comparison site. My 16 Golf R was £276 through a comparison site but at 49 and an old *******, it was bound to be reasonably cheap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Just use a comparison site. My 16 Golf R was £276 through a comparison site but at 49 and an old *******, it was bound to be reasonably cheap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have done the 3 main comparison sites and Sterling Insurance have come out with the cheapest on all 3 although with varying prices, Adrian flux quoted me a little cheaper last week but was only valid on the day and wasn't ready to purchase just at that time

Reactions: xyz

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I found Adrian Flux were cheaper for me a few years ago, and then all of a sudden, the renewal was like 6 times the amount it was previously. SEAT Insurance (of all people) were cheapest for that year, by far. But this year has been Adrian Flux again.

There's a few brokers you can try; Adrian Flux, Sky Insurance, Brenacre, Herts
Another vote for SEAT Insurance been the cheapest for me for last 2 years

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members