What colour?

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Nitromors should work OK on the powder coating once you've broken through the glaze. Or you could just nitromors the paint off, rough sand the wheels with some w&d to provide a key and paint over the top of the powder coating again. But that would be lazy... ;)

Forgot to mention in earlier post... A drill with a twisted knot brush works wonders roughing edges up - ideal for getting klingon death goo under painted surfaces. Don't go too nuts tho - it's just the paint (and powder coat) that you're trying to get rid of, not the metal aswell... Be careful using this method on areas you've previously plastered with goo - some sturdy gloves (e.g. rubberised cloth ones) and goggles (preferably a face mask) would be advisable...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Had some fun with them today, but the battery has gone flat in the camera, so you've got 'after sanding' 'after nitromors'

but I've since attacked it some more with the fibre spinny thing on the drill

http://www.seatcupra.net/~scn/index...temid=19&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=1565

main.php

From a photographic point of view, I quite like the blow up of the last picture
http://www.seatcupra.net/~scn/index...d=19&g2_view=core:DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1583

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
What the hell it that first photo m0rk? Looks like something off the Aliens set.

Wheels are looking fiiiine mate, a bit of lacquer and they'll be smart :whistle;

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol. 1st pic is me 'sealing' my exhaust for MOT

doesn't leak with 2 pots of exhaust putty over the join now.

got to get a new system really, but I'm not fitting £250's of exhaust to sit on teh drive, so that's it's treat for passing an MOT

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it leaked a lot :D plus the exhaust was on the car, so you can't spatcula it on like it suggests. It's not fire gun tho - this is more like fibreglass

Supersprint fits right, first time - so yeah :)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Thought it looked more like resin. A few more applications and you won't NEED a new exhaust ;)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Cool, Ive a jetex system on its way from Sweden which is going straight on along with the cat and manifold as soon as I get it. (yes you can have my old mani)

ScottyP

SEAT old timer
heheh, I must come from the school of mork - that's what happened when I tried refurbing my last set of wheels. If you're not sure of the final finish, go for a dark colour - white shows imperfections quite badly, esp when dirt starts sticking!