What did you and your MK2 do today?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
So this morning I went and filled my Cupra R full of vpower, 1st time in 2 month of owning that I actually filled the tank full and I was a little gutted because of the cost for 3/4 of a tank and the trip computer said on a full tank I could only do 220miles, but I had just drove it hard so should gain a few miles sat on the motor on my way to Awesome on tuesday.

Don't worry mate the range usually reads 345 miles to a full tank with 280-300 achievable.
Keep us posted on your views after your trip to awesome.

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
Saw this car yesterday just outside Barnstable in Atlantic village wanted to say hi but no one around. Anyone know who it is?
u2a6u7at.jpg

Has a seatcupra.net sticker in the window.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Iv got myself a week off work with the little lad, and the only thing i have to do to the car is wash it.

Any quick mod ideas??

Seat sport number plate surrounds fitted midweek :)

Managed to trim the info plate down with a big stihl saw

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
I'm thinking of buying a machine polisher cause these swirl marks are slowly going to drive me to drink lol

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
You any experience with a Da or rotary ryan? Or anybody that could teach you, i do all my stuff by hand now, got a DA but 2bh i gathered i was going to do more harm than good with it, panels like bonets and roof were fine but i got holograms on my door panels which were a pain to get out due to my lack of skill!

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Use a fine polish like dodo juice micro prime, im not experienced but i have seen it on vag paint, does the trick. I think its classed as a glaze

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
I live close to a guy who does detailing for a living so i could ask him for a crash course lol quite happy with the hand polish atm so i'll probably just stick with it.

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Use a fine polish like dodo juice micro prime, im not experienced but i have seen it on vag paint, does the trick. I think its classed as a glaze

Have some autoglym srp and poorboys blackhole and they do a pretty good job will take a look at dodo juice when i run out of product.

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Washed, poilshed, waxed and interior dressed.
Posted on for sale section, a sad day indeed!
These machines are truly epic once tuned, always a smile to my chops just knowing whats available on tap : )...!

D

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Don't worry mate the range usually reads 345 miles to a full tank with 280-300 achievable.
Keep us posted on your views after your trip to awesome.

I gained a few miles last night when me and my gf went for a drive a long the lake road getting stuck behind tourists kept my speed down, done about 35-40 miles and the range went up to 265miles by the time I got back home.
Yeah I'll let you know how Tuesday goes, I can't wait.
Kev is there much difference between H&R springs and standard shocks and H&R springs and shocks? Just am thinking H&R springs and shocks to save the standard shocks, don't really want to go coilovers because H&R springs lower the car enough.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I used to run h&r springs and original dampers on that car and the ride was pretty much the same as now.
I don't think it bothers the original shocks as it only drops about 20mm.

On my golf I'm running h&r springs and dampers and would say the ride is better than standard and that was on 18" wheels.

If the budget can take it I'd go with h&r springs and dampers or lots of people rave about coilovers but I've not had any experience with them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.