What gains?

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Hi all,

Just been on a rolling road day. The car is a 04 Ibiza 130 4tdi sport.

I have a green filter and PD 160 intake. Full milltek exhaust including decat.

did this last year with just the filter and ran 129.1BHP and 235lb/ft Torque.

This year it ran 132.5BHP and 230lb/ft of torque.

To be honest I was expecting more from it this year. Should I be disappointed?

What have other people seen with these mods?

Cheers

Mike

T. Spark

No, as you need to remember its not called a dyno lottery for nothing.

RR's mean nothing but give you a rough idea of the power you have.

Intake temps, the RR itself, the RR operator can all alter the results.

If you have spent that much money on the car, the question everyone on here will be asking, why not a extra £££ and unleash 40bhp+ and 50lb/ft+ with a remap!?

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
it was the same RR and 1 week earlier than last year.... so intake temps should have been similar. Same RR op too.

.....I know it is a rough guide but I would have thought there would have been a greater increase....

Mike

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Mine was remapped with induction kit and decat exhuast and only came out at 150bhp. So i wouldnt be too disappointed! (this was because the place that did it mucked it up though).

But if you're deadly serious about serious power - the best way and only way to measure your true engine bhp is to take the engine out and have an engine dyno done.

keithr

Ibiza cupra 07
May 20, 2007
Norwich
the thing is your mods have helped a standard engine breath alittle better and that's about it, so I'd say the standard setup is good on your car. your mods will help alot more on a car that has been remapped as the engine will want to draw more air in and push it out quicker. if you had your car remapped with no other mods you could gain 30bhp but on your car now you could make 40bhp????

Last edited:

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
No, as you need to remember its not called a dyno lottery for nothing.

RR's mean nothing but give you a rough idea of the power you have.

Intake temps, the RR itself, the RR operator can all alter the results.

If you have spent that much money on the car, the question everyone on here will be asking, why not a extra £££ and unleash 40bhp+ and 50lb/ft+ with a remap!?

Totally agree.
Even a cheap remap (£200) will really make a difference.

Regards Guy.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Not for a 170 bhp remap!

So your going to remove your engine, wiring loom, ECU etc which then needs to be bolted to an engine dyno and set up to run properly ( don`t forget about the FMIC for cooling etc )to get a mass produced engine dyno`d after a remap ? :confused: You would then have to put everthing back into the engine bay hopefully so everything works with no problems ! :blink: Do you realise how much work,time,cost involved to do this ??

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
So your going to remove your engine, wiring loom, ECU etc which then needs to be bolted to an engine dyno and set up to run properly ( don`t forget about the FMIC for cooling etc )to get a mass produced engine dyno`d after a remap ? :confused: You would then have to put everthing back into the engine bay hopefully so everything works with no problems ! :blink: Do you realise how much work,time,cost involved to do this ??

People do it.

http://www.norrisdesigns.com/dyno.asp

Im not saying it'd be my cup of tea and I did say if he were deadly serious.

keithr

Ibiza cupra 07
May 20, 2007
Norwich
yeah but they have mega money and run mega powerful cars!!!!!!!!!!!! they do full on time attacks and racing, not just a ibiza missing afew bhp

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
yeah but they have mega money and run mega powerful cars!!!!!!!!!!!! they do full on time attacks and racing, not just a ibiza missing afew bhp

Alright don't bite my balls off! Listen - I told him the options! No one is ever gonna get that done lets be honest! Even if he isnt even interested - it might have taught him something new.

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
I know the only real way to get huge gains from what i have already is to get the engine out and dyno it..... but and here is the serious but..... The cost.

I haven't got the spare £400-£500 for a remap let alone getting the engine dyno'd beforehand.

The remap is planned for later this year but what with insurance at the end of the month, a set of new tyres required and the fact that some W**ker has dented my car.... so i'm affraid it will have to wait.

Also before putting another 40horses on the floor I need to sort out the FMIC and making her stop a little quicker - maybe Audi TT brakes.

What i need to find in the mean time is the 10bhp that is missing compared to PH2858..... Might have a look at the air intake and see what I can do with that....

Maybe get some more air in....

Any suggestions?

Mike

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
I'd say the figures you are quoting are wholly believable. You mention that the test was performed on alsmost the same day as the last one, but that doesn't guarantee air temp/humidity/small differences in fuel used/wear on the dyno since the last test etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps ph2858's Ibiza was already putting out 138bhp before the test and he was lucky to have an engine that due to various reasons was putting out a bit more power before the mods......

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
True. I know there are always variations in engines etc.

I guess I am just looking to eek out as much power from each mod as possible....

I'm not complaining though as the mods that I have done so far make the car very enjoyable to drive.

Also Just had some rather good news. The person who drove in to my car has come forward. She will be repaired free of charge asap!

MIke

CORBY

May 1, 2007
Sunderland & Washington
Mike, take your car to the Rolling Road that PH2858 went to, and you might see the horses magically appear, or just take to a different RR until it reads want you want it to read! Remember, its a lottery. You could take it to Vsport in Boldon, were standard cars are over 20bhp up from standard!! ;)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
you say that corby, but quite a few people have had new FRs putting out about 150bhp seen a few with similar results.

Aimez

seems a bit pointless comparing then if its a lottery!? You may get a crap result then a good one but still feel disapointed as you know the first one was crap, you may as well just lie to yourself and make it up? I don't understand this at all, I wouldn't pay to have a readout that could be differnt the nest day?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.