what have you done to your car today ?

VIPER07

Jan 26, 2014
Washed it :) and hi all I am new in the process of learning to drive (I'm 22 I know I left it late) I own a seat leon 1.6 sx :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
When I went in it had 222bhp. I left with 255 and a lot of torque because of my TIP. He told me to buy a badger5 oversized TIP and sell the forge I've got on there. That will lower my torque because the air will not be travelling into the turbo at such high velocity but more air will be readily available so that will give a lot more horsepower. He showed dynosheets of a remapped LCR with a normal TIP versus the same car with a badger5 TIP and there was a bit less torque but 20hp more putting it up to 270bhp, and that was without changing the map again. I've got a badger5 on order :) there is a lot of torque at the minute. It wheels spins through first, second and sometimes third in these conditions... It's got a lot of pull. I'm looking forward to getting the badger5 on there to make it more useable power and he said it will definitely put me over 270bhp :)

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Yeah, the tuner down there, Nicky, was a good bloke. Knew what he was on about! They make their own TIPs for the 180's but said the badger is a quality TIP for the cupra r so they haven't bothered making their own. I haven't got any experience with anyone else but was properly impressed with r--tech and it was well worth the 2 hour drive up there. He showed me some dodgy maps he's seen with massive boost spikes and the turbo requesting 100% power which will blow the turbo or throw a rod and explained a lot about how it all works coz I'm into that sort of thing. I learnt a lot and got decent power gains all for the bargain price of 250 quid lol I'm happy with it

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
And when I put my induction kit on my mpg dropped to 31-32 on motorways from about 37mpg. On the way to get the map I got just over 32 driving at 70-75. On the way home I got 35-36mpg driving at 75-80 mostly. Remaps aren't just for power gains :)

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
You say wheel spin in 3rd? I bought and LCR and to the best if my knowledge it isn't mapped, but in these conditions it wheel spins in third like a bitch! Perhaps it's mapped and I just don't know :-S

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Could be. Mine didn't really spin up in 3rd before the map. Obviously tyre quality and pressure would play a big part as well

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
P zero rosso's at 32 psi. It's probably just the wet roads though

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
I'm not sure what pressures is recommended at this time of year but that sounds reasonable. These engines map up really well with minimal mods so it is possible someone's upped the power. Get it on a rolling road and see what you're pulling :)

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Just got my car back from undercarriage treatment, if that is the word in English. Anyhow, the workshop spray the whole undercarriage with Tectyl to keep it protected against all the salty roads..

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Took some photos og my beauty this morning. Recently fitted a Civic aerial, wind deflectors, the fabia rear wiper and a nice Seat frame. Also fitted new projector headlights from AD-tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy your headlights from parts and retards? I'm also thinking about buying them, but I'm not so sure when some say that aftermarket headlights give you less light.
Are you satisfied with the quality? How is the light compared to the original?

Where did you bought you Civic aerial, ebay?

Great to see other Leons in Norway also :)

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Did you buy your headlights from parts and retards? I'm also thinking about buying them, but I'm not so sure when some say that aftermarket headlights give you less light.
Are you satisfied with the quality? How is the light compared to the original?

Where did you bought you Civic aerial, ebay?

Great to see other Leons in Norway also :)

Hi, and thanks for the comment! I bought them off ebay, from AD_tuning.. Was about 1200NOK with shipping included, but because of toll restrictions i had to pay an extra 700NOK at the post office :( So if I knew this was coming I would buy them from Parts & retards (they import the headlights from the same company i bought them from).The lights actually aren't bad at all, the lenses put out a good amount of light with a aftermarket xenon kit, did not even try with halogen lightbulbs :p
But i have to say the original light-output is sligthly better..
The civic aerial was off ebay yes, can't find the link for it..
What Leon do you have? Did you buy recently?
Ha en god dag!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members