what have you done to your car today ?

Beaniesbcfc

Sep 15, 2013
Birmingham
I went up there mate as they smoke tested all the pipes for leekes and checked the engine over before he mapped it and it cost £250. P torque is closer and around the same price but the email r teck they sent me sold it to me telling me all the stuff they do

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Door seals... What a mess, whoever attempted to do them previously didn't bother cleaning all the old seal out, just siliconed all over the top of it (not very well) bonding the carrier plate to the door in the process! I've had no other choice but to re-mastic the carriers as I couldn't get them off to seal underneath! Would love to meet the guy that did this before me!

well ive not quite gone down that route , i took the carriers off , removed all the old crap off then used unibond power shower silicone saelant inplace of the old stuff , re mounted the carriers and placed it all around the carrier bonding to the inner door aswell as begind it , left it cure for a few days then went back over for another coat

done that approx 3 years ago now , no problems presented yet!

took mine for another mot first thing this moring - and shes passed ,

on the 25 mile commute to work after that i hears a loud ping from front end hoping ive not snapped a spring :cry:

Last edited:

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
I went up there mate as they smoke tested all the pipes for leekes and checked the engine over before he mapped it and it cost £250. P torque is closer and around the same price but the email r teck they sent me sold it to me telling me all the stuff they do

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

oh yeh i get you, saying that,that neck of the woods is only up the road isn't so bad,esp with you flying over the motorway on the way back:funk:
I checked out the web site there and for a extra 40 notes you can get the stage 2,thats not to bad, but id guess you need a front mount and injectors and few little bits and bobs I might e mail them and see,gotta finish my turbo work then bed it in a tiny bit over wkend

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Walked past it on the drive and started a list of all the bits still to be removed... and then stripped out most of the wiring for the Apexi-AVCR boost controller ;) plenty more to go!

Last edited:

LCsTed

Jan 19, 2014
Hampshire
Hopefully having a new ECU fitted and programmed this week....but who knows with the garage she is with :(

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Had some drilled and grooved discs and new pads all around. Took off my decat and stuck on the standard pipe to see if that is what's causing a weird tinny rattling sound at low rpms. It was. I even drove 125 miles each way to scorpion a few days ago and they fiddled for a few hours but said they didn't think it was the decat causing the problem. Heated phone calls will be made tomorrow....

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
From my RR

Battery died as I was trying to get to work yesterday.
A quick search on the forums and I found a suitable replacement, ordered from euro parts using a 15% off code and picked it up the same day for £65.

And yes, even my battery is now black & blue.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/a...attery/075-car-batteries/?444770750&0&cc5_995

I managed to fit it in the rain but it started so hopefully I won't have any trouble again for a while.

I am concerned that my dash lights stay on all the time, even if they are dim.

bendyb633

Dec 28, 2011
Lyneham, Wiltshire
Finally got round to doing the door seals. Did the passenger side anyhow and drivers side today hopefully. On the passenger side rear, when I removed the interior panel at least a pint of water drained out! I guess that will cure the sloshing sound I could hear! Also changed the front lower grill after the old one lost a high speed altercation with a pheasant.

Last edited:

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Had a full anti-freeze change, he is now hibernating for a few months, then it's time for a rebuild starting from the bottom.

Now cruising around in an old faithful VW Polo auto with 16" Azev A's on, winter drift machine!!! [B)]

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Stripped out the front suspension, LCR hubs and trackrods, and driveshafts :)

Also finished removing the Apexi loom, and then gutted the scuttle area where the ECU used to live :D

SeanH.

VAG *****
May 27, 2012
Dublin
Finally fitted my Badger5 into place :funk: kept slipping off the turbo so trimmed it a bit and got it fixed tightly into place [B)] what a nightmare it was to put on before!! :cry:

karl9779

Oct 27, 2013
Shrewsbury
After spending a day resealing doors at the weekend, jumped on the net and ordered me wheel spacers, they should be here wed, and trying to decide if it's worth getting me front mount and jumping straight to stage 2 remap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
e5uhu2ah.jpg

Fitted my flipout android!

Just waiting for my wifi obd adapter to run torque and then get the blue LEDs to changed to red by a mate who can do that sort of thing!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Paul43

Nov 19, 2011
Nr Kettering
Collected mine from garage today after having a new camshaft ,followers n lifters fitted also timing belt n water pump ( good ole chocolate cam syndrome ). Feels like a different car :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.