what have you done to your car today ?

mesh

Mar 4, 2015
SCQ Spain
What did you wire them to mate? Just the door lights?

Yes. Wired them to the light in the doorcards.

Thinking about putting lights in the footwells too but not sure if i will connect them to the same light, so only the footwell of the door opened lights up, or to the courtesy light and all light up.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yes. Wired them to the light in the doorcards.

Thinking about putting lights in the footwells too but not sure if i will connect them to the same light, so only the footwell of the door opened lights up, or to the courtesy light and all light up.

Looks good mate, Are the bright enough tho? Is there do kind of door seal that stops the banging when people slam the doors? That really gets on my tits that.

RACK

Oct 22, 2014
Rotherham
Can I ask why you took the green panel out to replace with standard one bud?

The green one needed a good clean, couldn't be bothered to pay out for the cleaning kit so just banged a paper one in.
TBH it pulls slightly better, although it's a quieter

I've seen a couple of things too saying that the paper filter is better than the cotton ones, especially with a drilled airbox

HAve a look on WAKTT for comaprison of plots with various induction mods. I'm sure the OEM plus drilled box comes about 3rd, and that's after 2 expensive induction kits

mesh

Mar 4, 2015
SCQ Spain
Looks good mate, Are the bright enough tho? Is there do kind of door seal that stops the banging when people slam the doors? That really gets on my tits that.

Accoring to manifacturer they are 6W. For me they are bright enough, as they light up the floor even in carparks. There is enough clearance between the underside of the card and the doorsill so there is no banging at all and no touching of seals.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Accoring to manifacturer they are 6W. For me they are bright enough, as they light up the floor even in carparks. There is enough clearance between the underside of the card and the doorsill so there is no banging at all and no touching of seals.

I was just about to ask you that, are they not catching lol, cool mate well I might be joining you and doing that to mine, I've seen the seat ones that show the logo, what do you think?

mesh

Mar 4, 2015
SCQ Spain
I was just about to ask you that, are they not catching lol, cool mate well I might be joining you and doing that to mine, I've seen the seat ones that show the logo, what do you think?

Mate of mine has the logo ones. They look smart but for me did not give enough light which is why i installed these.

LiamJervis

Jun 2, 2015
Liverpool
Replaced selector fork in my gearbox! Rivet snapped, what a surprise!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
02 Seat Leon Cupra R Black
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check out my thread- Suggestions on tuning my LCR

Last edited:

mesh

Mar 4, 2015
SCQ Spain
Fitted quadlights... yay!!!

Should have been like this when I received it from showroom....

fax72a.jpg

Devlin67

Jul 24, 2011
Edinburgh
Bloody Mot Time

car road legal for another year got nailed for a suspected leaking power steering pipe cost 300 and odd quid to replace did not realise they were made of gold you learn somthing new every day :cry:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
car road legal for another year got nailed for a suspected leaking power steering pipe cost 300 and odd quid to replace did not realise they were made of gold you learn somthing new every day :cry:

Mate ive got a leak also, was ur power stearing heavy and soft?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.