what have you done to your car today ?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So the list as of lunchtime of things that's need doing - in no particular order

door locks repairing
rear calipers replacing
hand brake cables replacing
discs all round replacing
front calipers refurbishing
3 new tyres
engine service
redo catch tank hoses

what have I done to my car today - nothing but I've made a list.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
So the list as of lunchtime of things that's need doing - in no particular order

door locks repairing
rear calipers replacing
hand brake cables replacing
discs all round replacing
front calipers refurbishing
3 new tyres
engine service
redo catch tank hoses

what have I done to my car today - nothing but I've made a list.

Let me no how you get on with the hand break cables as I need to do mine soon, I tryed in the scrapies to see how to do it but once u get it of the caliper there's a piece of metal tubbing I couldn't get off.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Just installed a new collant bottle and flushed the system also put fresh coolant in looks great
416c5dc68d5e70725df065b0e8446938.jpg
a159f76bd7c8b2a81647bb9c9f650e2b.jpg
f1b2ef5e48e2bf663dc38bd78a4008ec.jpg
7df6cb6e0a1258203e7e6ea59b4a487b.jpg

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, RamAir Induction Kit, Oversized SFS Tip GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back, 40mm Springs All Round

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
That's a lot of crap, to put photos up go on photo bucket and copy and past the img code into ur thread the photo then shows up

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Just fitted some LED DRL bulbs and they seem to have worked with no errors so far and look epic. [B)]

Also discovered a bit that's not attached properly under the engine bay, possibly from when the dealers did my clutch.

It's the bit at the very front under the air filter part of the air intake? The lid doesn't seem to fit properly now? :confused:

ecomotive-battery-cover.jpg

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Is that a 19m catch can also

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, RamAir Induction Kit, Oversized SFS Tip GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back, 40mm Springs All Round

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Let me no how you get on with the hand break cables as I need to do mine soon, I tryed in the scrapies to see how to do it but once u get it of the caliper there's a piece of metal tubbing I couldn't get off.

Do you mean where the cable goes into the tube that feeds into the car? I removed the cable from the caliper and the fixings to the car body and from the handbrake, then I twisted the cable with pliers right by the tubing and pulled, the cable jams into the tube really tight so it takes a bit of effort to get it free.

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

I thought you need specially lined hose for your catch can, that's what I'm running anyway with reinforced, it still deforms though because my tank is crap

Similar to this but red

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19mm-Oil-...571103?hash=item35c756091f:g:UC0AAOSwstxVQMju

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Yes , tank was made by these folks, at the time was listed as specific for the Leon, but no longer listed on their website.

http://alloyracingfabrications.com/

Is that a 19m catch can also

Yes , tank was made by these folks, at the time was listed as specific for the Leon, but no longer listed on their website.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Technically yes but as this is only oil mist/vapour and condensation this type of hose will be okay short term.

As I said I'm not happy with the layout or hoses so am looking for a better way to do it , so new hoses and either relocate the tank or replace it.

I thought you need specially lined hose for your catch can, that's what I'm running anyway with reinforced, it still deforms though because my tank is crap

Similar to this but red

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19mm-Oil-...571103?hash=item35c756091f:g:UC0AAOSwstxVQMju

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013

Yeah it's not there, they've switched to a more universal can now and can mock it up.

I've put an email to them though seeing if they can still do the version you've got, it's perfect for that location see and can even be mounted on the battery cover and routed nice!

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
That's where I am thinking , I looked at relocating the battery yonks ago , bought the bits but never did it, I may just have a look at the weekend.

Although there is a much better option using the Forge breather adapters and dash-10 fittings to one of their tanks with dash 10 fittings, that would be a really neat solution but a tad expensive maybe.

Yeah it's not there, they've switched to a more universal can now and can mock it up.

I've put an email to them though seeing if they can still do the version you've got, it's perfect for that location see and can even be mounted on the battery cover and routed nice!

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
That's where I am thinking , I looked at relocating the battery yonks ago , bought the bits but never did it, I may just have a look at the weekend.

Although there is a much better option using the Forge breather adapters and dash-10 fittings to one of their tanks with dash 10 fittings, that would be a really neat solution but a tad expensive maybe.

Be worth it if you're looking at track applications for definite!! You'd probably pick up a custom fabricated one with the relevant connectors cheaper then buying from forge though

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Do you mean where the cable goes into the tube that feeds into the car? I removed the cable from the caliper and the fixings to the car body and from the handbrake, then I twisted the cable with pliers right by the tubing and pulled, the cable jams into the tube really tight so it takes a bit of effort to get it free.

How do you get the new cable, through the pipe then?

Brewster

Feb 21, 2016
My wingmirror covers were covered in chips and the laquer was peeling so I've sanded them down and started to repaint them

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.