what have you done to your car today ?

Gabster

Apr 15, 2010
Dorset
Got a replacement rear door after the original got hit by a motorbike.

While at it I had a pair of 17cm speakers stashed away and I thought it's the time to use them so I modded the old speakers and combined it with the new

What I found with my previous Leons that some of the sound used to get lost in between the door card when installing directly to the door panel
So I wanted to get a minimal gap between the speaker and the door card like the original does.
177b0f69460ccd96fa662956d7df7942.jpg
7bdf7547bf5392c97c35e685ea0ab6ac.jpg

19jeff89

Oct 20, 2016
Finally sorted my sills out as previous owners had jacked up on them and bent them causing the gap between body and side skirt
4c109a88b9135a85c996be5ce552220a.jpg
130016741966347caf9bac2f45e407bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Cheers guys

Partially stripped, the seats came with side mounts and on rails,, I've ditched the rails (as was too high) and bolted the seat straight to an OMP subframe for the car, good driving position now!

Gabster

Apr 15, 2010
Dorset
Cheers guys

Partially stripped, the seats came with side mounts and on rails,, I've ditched the rails (as was too high) and bolted the seat straight to an OMP subframe for the car, good driving position now!
That's sounds interesting, I'm 6'5 and find the seats far too high.

Can you please provide more information on the mod?

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L01 using Tapatalk

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
That's sounds interesting, I'm 6'5 and find the seats far too high.

Can you please provide more information on the mod?

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L01 using Tapatalk

Yea when I first put them in, I had an inch between my head and the roof liner, so my helmet on during a track day wouldn't have been comfortable!
I dropped the back bolts to the middle, removed the rails and I now sit about 2" lower but it makes a big difference, leg angle is better and more space between my head and the roof!

Last edited:

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Fitted rear discs and pads. EBC Yellow stuff pads with EVORA Grooved discs (from BrakeDepot.co.uk).

Good job I did as found that the right hand piston was stuck!

Its a pretty easy job as long as a previous owner hasn't damaged some of your bolts! Should only need an 8mm long handle Allen Key, 15mm open ended spanner and 13mm socket or ring spanner plus an hammer to get the allen key moving and a pozi-drive screwdriver to remove the screw holding on the disc (although mole-grips maybe needed to initially turn the screwdriver).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Fitted rear discs and pads. EBC Yellow stuff pads with EVORA Grooved discs (from BrakeDepot.co.uk).

Good job I did as found that the right hand piston was stuck!

Its a pretty easy job as long as a previous owner hasn't damaged some of your bolts! Should only need an 8mm long handle Allen Key, 15mm open ended spanner and 13mm socket or ring spanner plus an hammer to get the allen key moving and a pozi-drive screwdriver to remove the screw holding on the disc (although mole-grips maybe needed to initially turn the screwdriver).

Any pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Drive it to find the stock clutch is starting to slip at 3.5k, not a big deal as should be able to fit this myself next week "I'll upload some pics of the **** ups I make". Minimal driving anyway because of the weather.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
Finally resealed all my doors! thanks to the guys who supplied the guide etc made the job so much easier

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Found out today after renewal of insurance my recovery has been canceled because the car is too old for Tesco/rac policy. 17 years old is the limit and she 17 this year so doesn't qualify now.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Found out today after renewal of insurance my recovery has been canceled because the car is too old for Tesco/rac policy. 17 years old is the limit and she 17 this year so doesn't qualify now.

Sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.