what have you done to your car today ?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Fitted Badger5 T.I.P, new cone filter , heat shield , catch can and replaced N75, booked in for cambelt and water pump at AMD and found out turbo is toast - ho hum you win small lose big
Amd...blown turbo...heard that somewhere before. Let me see if I can find it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Amd...blown turbo...heard that somewhere before. Let me see if I can find it

Hey !! I'm old , us old folks are a tad forgetful so we repeat ourselves ...

Hey !! I'm old , us old folks are a tad forgetful so we repeat ourselves ..

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Hey !! I'm old , us old folks are a tad forgetful so we repeat ourselves ...

No mate you got me wrong. Did amd say it's blown? Read a story somewhere about them and a blown turbo and it wasn't.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
No mate you got me wrong. Did amd say it's blown? Read a story somewhere about them and a blown turbo and it wasn't.

Ah Sorry , My bad - Its a bad use of words on my part, Its not blown as in blown up and pieces everywhere but blown as in no good . In high gears under hard acceleration it whistles or screams , Had both pressure test and smoke test done with no result so am going with the oil seals are failing or some such similar issue as opposed to a boost leak (which I was really hoping it was)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ah Sorry , My bad - Its a bad use of words on my part, Its not blown as in blown up and pieces everywhere but blown as in no good . In high gears under hard acceleration it whistles or screams , Had both pressure test and smoke test done with no result so am going with the oil seals are failing or some such similar issue as opposed to a boost leak (which I was really hoping it was)

Have it reconditioned by Owen Developments nr Oxford.
They recondition with better parts than original and they know their stuff.
They supply BTTC with all turbos also Indy Lights in the USA.
They will give you a report and quote after cleaning and stripping. Google them. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Finally had the custom downpipe and decat fitted to the R.
Good work from the guys at Styled Dynamics.
Turns out my custom exhaust started below the first bent in the original downpipe.
I will save rant for my build thread.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Finally had the custom downpipe and decat fitted to the R.
Good work from the guys at Styled Dynamics.
Turns out my custom exhaust started below the first bent in the original downpipe.
I will save rant for my build thread.

Is that the down pipe that you got done in doncaster?

That’s just lazy isn’t it!

How is the decat? Nice and smelly?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Is that the down pipe that you got done in doncaster?

That’s just lazy isn’t it!

How is the decat? Nice and smelly?

Yes bl.... lazy and told me it was turbo back. And over 3” he said so I’m pretty miffed.
This downpipe is a dark side developments version came with a decat section which I’ve had extended to link up with the next clamp on my existing set up.
I’ve also had a section made with a sports cat that I can bolt back in to replace the decat section with only 4 bolts to undo.
Covered for all situations.
Sound is intensified, now growls as well as snarling if that makes sense. Deeper burble on over run.
Now less back pressure so seems to spool up a bit quicker and you hear more turbo.
Throttle seems a little more responsive too.
Booked to see Bill at B5 in September and have a custom stage 2 done. See if we can safely pull a little more out of it.
Oh by the way. Don’t sell. You’ll regret it I think. Unless you have 10 grand to drop on something more fun.

Reactions: BadBoy03

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Yes bl.... lazy and told me it was turbo back. And over 3” he said so I’m pretty miffed.
This downpipe is a dark side developments version came with a decat section which I’ve had extended to link up with the next clamp on my existing set up.
I’ve also had a section made with a sports cat that I can bolt back in to replace the decat section with only 4 bolts to undo.
Covered for all situations.
Sound is intensified, now growls as well as snarling if that makes sense. Deeper burble on over run.
Now less back pressure so seems to spool up a bit quicker and you hear more turbo.
Throttle seems a little more responsive too.
Booked to see Bill at B5 in September and have a custom stage 2 done. See if we can safely pull a little more out of it.
Oh by the way. Don’t sell. You’ll regret it I think. Unless you have 10 grand to drop on something more fun.

Good to hear man darkside is only around the corner from me!

I seen toyosports decays that bolt on to original system not interested in stage 2 too much money to put into an old car haha

I don’t think I can sell it haha she’s my baby

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Booked into AMD for water pump/cambelt change tomorrow......heavens only knows what else they will find.
What's the damage going to be from them? Supply and fit or just fit?
Take some pics while your there.

On a side note...Google maps review of jabba...oh dear. Look for john boy (I think) about two weeks ago. Very obvious review.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
To supply and fit is 330 , I have asked for them to carry out a mechanical inspection as well which is 60.

I think you will always find the good, bad and ugly when it comes to peoples views on company's business practises.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
To supply and fit is 330 , I have asked for them to carry out a mechanical inspection as well which is 60.

I think you will always find the good, bad and ugly when it comes to peoples views on company's business practises.
Supply and fit that's pretty good price to be fair to them.
Jabba review could have been some troll.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Anyone have a clue how to release to panel from the aura tape deck? Had if off day before yesterday by mistake cleaning it and just don't see how it comes off. Also anyone have a clue what pin 30 is to get out of safe mode....like a plonker I put the wrong code in once I find out how, I'm going to remove the code....book is ok for that but doesn't give any details on how to remove panel or if pin 30 is in the back of the head unit.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I think it's something to do with the eject button. Rather than pressing in to eject tape it slides to right? I can check tonight on the unit I have at home that I swapped out.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I'm gonna give this standard head unit another 30 mins of my time tomorrow and if the "waiting time" to retry doesn't work I'm going to smash it to bits. Manual for the unit is just rubbish.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Changed all coilpacks in the vein hope that they will last the day on track tomorrow.
Booked another custom session at Badger5 for September.
Will see what it produces with the new exhaust upgrades.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I'm gonna give this standard head unit another 30 mins of my time tomorrow and if the "waiting time" to retry doesn't work I'm going to smash it to bits. Manual for the unit is just rubbish.

Found this online for the Aura Cassette Unit -
7e00cbb10abdc61d068318040bca2474.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.