what have you done to your car today ?

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Somebody jumped my fence and took keys off my table last night (door was open for dog in garden) they took the Leon keys but pretty obvious they were after the Porsche keys, Luckily Leon keys had a Porsche keyring on them.

new front door lock, garage lock and chip for leon key today. if they come back they can manually open the door on car but the old keys wont start the car as we have removed the other chips using vagtacho.
Scum

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I see I’m not the only one with turbo problems.

I see an oil leak and a cross threaded bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a leak somewhere mate. No not threaded just put it by a complete moron. Problem was pipe needed to be pulled down slightly and then the bolt went in nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nizza

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Scumbags. Why did they not take the car there and then?

Should arm your butler with a baseball bat

Got the Leon keys not the Porsche keys, probably hoping I think I've misplaced them and won't change the door locks so they can come back later (house and garage keys on there as well)

The butler is me and I slept that night with knuckle duster at close range haha.

Reactions: BadBoy03

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Definitely a leak somewhere mate. No not threaded just put it by a complete moron. Problem was pipe needed to be pulled down slightly and then the bolt went in nicely.

I’m in and around this area over weekend looking for oil leaks myself so if I find anything above turbo it could be il let you know. there is an oil line think it’s high pressure one could be that ??

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I’m in and around this area over weekend looking for oil leaks myself so if I find anything above turbo it could be il let you know. there is an oil line think it’s high pressure one could be that ??

I took all the top pipework of yesterday mate, dry as a bone. Definitely coming from the bottom somewhere. I cleaned the area yesterday and I'll be out there later today to have a look underneath it to see where it's coming from. I think it's coming from the center "join" so to speak on the cold side of the turbo. Hot side, front of the block,sump all seemed fine but there was too much oil everywhere to say for sure.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
New rear axle turned up. Going to fully seam weld it and then repaint it.
Waiting for the rear bush mod to turn up from America too.
Resized_20190719_131235_8371.jpeg

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Ordered some motul 8100 5w40 k&n oil filter and some ngk laser irridium spark plugs .remap prep begins...

Have a look threw eBay and find some silver spark plugs. The irridium ones arnt that good. Any thing that is a very good conductor is typicly softish material. Copper aluminium. silver etc. The harder it gets the less conductive it is.. so the irridium ones last 20k miles cos they are as hard material and not a brilliant conductor. Plugs that last a a lot less have a softer tip that wears when it sparks so it wears away

Last edited:

lightup

May 27, 2019
Lol Jon no but I do have to remove the headlining to fit a new aerial

i just got the rear plastic trims removed. nothing else. its tight but doable. did mine today,
20190719-194219.jpg

and changed the fabia wiper to a polo one.
paint.jpg

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Had it back up, covered in oil again coming from the cold side of the turbo on the inside. Took the intake all off and it has shaft play in and out 2/3mm so she done. No movement up and down. Looking at a replacement turbo now. Maybe just the core, also dropped the oil out of it and replaced with some 60% off from euro 5-40 fs. Cheap enough at £17 for 5L

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.