what have you done to your car today ?

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
That's different to how i fitted mine, looks ok though

Yeah for whatever reason there was no way mine was going to fit round like that it came inwards too much. I had to saw down the two centre bits to get it to sit flush to the bumper so I could screw it on and also sawed off a inch off each end.

Last edited:

MalcB

Quantock Hill Billy
Sep 13, 2011
Taunton
Swapped wheels front to back to even out wear. Fitted new front brake pads. All with ice still on the car brrrr. Anything to get out of the house after being cooped up indoors over Christmas Lol

kr1s77

Feb 1, 2013
Birmingham
christmas eve had 2 new front lower suspension arms, rear os bearing/hub, oil & filter, fuel filter changed gearbox oil and tracking. when they did the tracking they didn't have the settings for the diesel so used the petrol selection, is that ok? oh and a wash :)

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Topped the oil up today and discovered this!

I'm assuming head gasket?

f143e12c652406d28a143235e21c98da.jpg

On the plus side think I've isolated my starting issue to something under the battery tray as after wiggling all the wiring under that it starts.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Does it do a lot of short journeys?

Take it for a longish drive to get temperatures up nice and hot.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Spent most of the day re doing all of the main power wiring through the car, just waiting on the sealant to cure overnight to reassemble
Also booked a open pitlane trackday in Feb for a bargain £79

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Cleaned what I could of my EGR valve without dismantling it (albeit I was told to take it off and soak it in petrol to clean it thoroughly, will do that another time :)) and also put a bottle of Injector Cleaner in my tank. Gave the car a thrashing as well, well my brother did haha :D

SCcumFL.jpg

--Lee

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Took of one of the front wheels to have my first attempt at changing brake pads. They didn't need doing. I thought they might because of squeaking... used a wire brush on the two 7mm pins and put lots of anti-seize on them... no squeaking so far.

Ross01

Jun 20, 2014
Washed it, looked great for first 10 mins before naff weather took effect. Went to pick up painted jack point cover from local Pullman dealer to be handed non painted part, cheers Pullman Sunderland :-( will sort myself and cheaper too. Got price to paint spoiler with jack point cover thrown in for free from local body shop :)

Posted separate seat cupra thread to ask if anyone knows if boot spoiler was a factory option on mk1 as not seen any others with spoiler. (Small spoiler not the large oversized one that some seem to have from google search)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.