what have you done to your car today ?

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I've zero rust or any bad issue. work yard is a very dusty place so I don't bother too much. What do you use to get it like that?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's Poorboys professional polish. Haven't machine polished this car yet but will probably use the same product and top it with a synthetic sealant when I do. It's refined enough to use as a 1 step product.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Painting up a new caliper.
Once on, its time for a custom map!
250382848d5b24f8cd91a287dde12af6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Hmmm at 130 ish...front end had a wobble today. Not sure what but it was something. Ramps tomorrow to investigate. Maybe tires as there getting abused daily.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Yes had it up and nothing is wrong/broken, didn't think there would be as its checked a lot also drive's straight, no noise difference at speed. the front tire's have had it. Passenger side is really bad on the inside also road surface conditions are what I think was wrong. went over the same bit of road and was the same...sketchy at best, two dips in the 70mph road make the chassis do twisty thing's. Just going to change the tires asap and stick to my normal private road. Since stripping it out I feel and hear so much more from the car which is good but what I felt that day was more of a slow motion moment nearly life flashing before my eye's type of event. Not good to say the least.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Had a 4 hour fun time cleaning and polishing all the interior with some special Duragloss cleaner and hydrating. The next day went inside the car and cockpit was like brand new. Excellent product!! Good days.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I just found out my passenger side seat airbag wiring loom has burnt all the way through I think back to the ECU module,Great any chance some1 knows where this can be found any help would be appreciated

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? The airbag ECU is bolted to the top of the exhaust tunnel, behind the lower dashboard.

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Purchased it (LCR225) :)

After quite a while hunting for one, finally found a mint model for sensible cash.

I used to be a development engineer for Piper Cams and Exhausts, and was directly involved in the development of working with this forum and one of its members (KEZ if i recall), to develop the downpipe, cat and system. Fancied one since then. Well, finally bought one.

One happy owner.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Purchased it (LCR225) :)

After quite a while hunting for one, finally found a mint model for sensible cash.

I used to be a development engineer for Piper Cams and Exhausts, and was directly involved in the development of working with this forum and one of its members (KEZ if i recall), to develop the downpipe, cat and system. Fancied one since then. Well, finally bought one.

One happy owner.

What made you pick the 1.8t over all the base's you have probably worked on? Congratulations on the new car and hope she gives you some happy time's.
One more....you going to be swapping out the Cam's?

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
What made you pick the 1.8t over all the base's you have probably worked on? Congratulations on the new car and hope she gives you some happy time's.
One more....you going to be swapping out the Cam's?

I also own a 400bhp Octavia Mk1 VRS, But have always had a soft spot for the LCR. It’s what I wanted originally before ending up with the Skoda. This car came up at the same time I was looking for a change to my commuting car, at a price I could not refuse, and in A1 condition to suit my OCD needs :)

And thus a deal was done.

No, I shall keep the original 225 cams. They are the “Hottest” OE cams of all the 1.8t engines, and it runs really smooth with them fitted. (They are what I have fitted to my VRS). Should anyone want to push past 400bhp, or want to adjust the powerband of the engine for a non road application, then cams would certainly be of benefit.

For me, I just want the car to be 100% original, or with OE style upgrades only. Keep and enjoy.

:)

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
No, they are are fairly close to one another, but there are differences in the cam profiles across the range. The n/a cams have the wildest profiles (by comparison).

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Cleaned it yesterday. We had great weather so took the chance to give it a properly good deep clean and get some layers of wax on before the bad weather hits.

Always a shame to drive it after a good clean, but that is where the fun is :)