what have you done to your car today ?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Noticed the bumper hasn't been fitted back on flush after the radiator was fitted (like this on both sides). Is this an easy adjustment to make myself or should I take it back to the garage? I know it's nothing but it'll drive me mad.

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 73

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Oh and *fingers crossed* the coolant seems to be staying in. Still waiting on replacement reservoir which i'll swap anyway.
Good luck, sounds promising! I had no idea where mine was leaking until garage checked it over & luckily was cheap fix & back in action after a day.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Noticed the bumper hasn't been fitted back on flush after the radiator was fitted (like this on both sides). Is this an easy adjustment to make myself or should I take it back to the garage? I know it's nothing but it'll drive me mad.

The bumper looks ok but the wings look bent for so reason. Have they tried to botch the runners? They need taking off the car and putting on the bumper when you reattach. If you take the wheelarch liners off you should be able to get to the runners and feel if they're on right. But either way, I'd take it back to garage anyway and get them to do it properly

Reactions: Andrewwright

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
The bumper looks ok but the wings look bent for so reason. Have they tried to botch the runners? They need taking off the car and putting on the bumper when you reattach. If you take the wheelarch liners off you should be able to get to the runners and feel if they're on right. But either way, I'd take it back to garage anyway and get them to do it properly
Cheers mate. Yeah too much faff for me. They're open on Saturday mornings so I'll pop over then.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Took car in on Saturday to get bumper fitted better...
Ended up looking worse! Guy was scratching his head as (he even showed me) there's no runners on this car just nuts and bolts so no wiggle room for adjustments. So it's going to their bodywork guy on Tuesday.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Took car in on Saturday to get bumper fitted better...
Ended up looking worse! Guy was scratching his head as (he even showed me) there's no runners on this car just nuts and bolts so no wiggle room for adjustments. So it's going to their bodywork guy on Tuesday.
Its good that they are willing to make sure this gets fixed