What next?? MK4 TDI Sport

Mar 13, 2010
Ive got a MK4 TDI sport(130) pushing 175bhp, its got a jabbasport map and panel filter, im thinking of getting the PD160 intake, any other little tweaks for abit more power that dont cost an arm and leg?? also i want bigger brakes at the front, whats the cheapest/best to go for?

cheers.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
turbo -back exhaust...i have milltek..but can get custom made..with big downpipe and decat...and as mentioned the pd160 intake...then cut away the little panel on the trumpet..

Mar 13, 2010
turbo -back exhaust...i have milltek..but can get custom made..with big downpipe and decat...and as mentioned the pd160 intake...then cut away the little panel on the trumpet..

panel on the trmpet, is that on the PD160 intake or on the current intake i have??

sorry for all the Q's, i knew my old car in and out butonly just got this.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
panel on the trmpet, is that on the PD160 intake or on the current intake i have??

sorry for all the Q's, i knew my old car in and out butonly just got this.

on the pd160...same as pd130 one but slightly fatter hose...the trunpet bit..has a little black panel covering half of the intake...so i just cut it away a little bit...not sure if it does much...combine that with a green panel filter and its pretty good...

Mar 13, 2010
on the pd160...same as pd130 one but slightly fatter hose...the trunpet bit..has a little black panel covering half of the intake...so i just cut it away a little bit...not sure if it does much...combine that with a green panel filter and its pretty good...

it has a K&N at the minute, i know green is better but not much better im guessing.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
it has a K&N at the minute, i know green is better but not much better im guessing.

They are the same in terms of performance increases.
I think people go for the GREEN because ages ago some muppet over-oiled a K+N and it ruined his MAF sensor, but a few chinese whispers later and it`s:
K+N FILTERS RUIN YOUR MAF!!!!!!!!

I use the K+N by the way :lol:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
what do i need, just the calipers and carriers??

nice 1

Oh and for a 312 setup you need:
2x calipers from mk1 Audi TT, mk1 Octavia VRS, early Audi S3, Golf mk4 GTI Anniversary.
2x carriers from any of above.
2x 312x25mm discs
2x pads for above.

If you go for second hand calipers you should be looking at less than £200 total.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members