What tyres do you have?

ian cupra r

Just wondering what tyres people have on there cupra r and what you would recommend?

I have had Falken FK452 - good tyre but changing every 10K (20k a year driving) - on a tight budget (ish) and need a tyre that will last longer

Has anyone brought used tyres or tyres from ebay - searched for tyre reviews on the web but just wondering what cupra r owners would buy?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Ian, i ran falken 452s for a couple of years..'hand on my heart' not due to performance but due to price unfortunately (i had 3 punctures in 6 weeks). So now im feeling a little flush im running continental sport contact 3s and they are fantastic.

There are many many brands that are recommended. i.e goodyear assymetrics (F1), toyos, have a search

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com
i use Pirelli Dragons good overall grip and performance ... problem is roads are a bit too smooth in Saudi Arabia, not enough friction due to heat erosion, but when i do hit a bit of coarse road hardly any wheel spin, excellent for backroads. Pirelli had a a deal at the time otherwise i doubt i would have been able to afford them.

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Toyo Proxes 4...got a good deal on them when i bought my alloys. Great grip in the dry, but not overly convinced when the roads are damp.

sparkyc

Jul 15, 2008
i got some kumho ku31 seem good but only had them a week, step up from the falkens but not massivly exspensive bout 100 per corner

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I've got the Falken F452's just now, except for one corner that needed replaced to pass the MOT the dealer did on the car before I collected it (think that one is a Prestivo or something). The fronts are both the Falkens tho, they feel a little bit washy to me, don't really feel that confident chucking it in and find myself running wide if i push hard out of corners.

I'm going to try the Vredestein Ultratrac Sessanta's next time, personally.

noodle

Sep 1, 2007
southampton
Toyo Proxes 4...got a good deal on them when i bought my alloys. Great grip in the dry, but not overly convinced when the roads are damp.

had these on my lcr and they lasted 8 bloody k, thats with the wife driving my son around sometimes too (must have a word with her!!)

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
I'm running ContiSportContact 3s and I can't recommend them enough.

Tempted to try Vreds next time, although I'm spectical of running 2 different brands over the axles on a 4WD..

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
To be honest i was quite disappointed with my F1's. Lasted about 5000 miles and grip was nothing different from Falkens. But then mine were made in China ...

henryg

Mar 30, 2008
Oxford
Yokohama Prada's on the front, very sticky but dont last long and F1's on the back. Seems pretty good to me :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members