what wipers arms are these

aletchet

Apr 27, 2008
Hi all,

I bought my seat last year and i needed some new wiper blades, so i bought some for the Seat, I later realised the car has got some other wiper arms fitted.. i was told they were golf mk4 ones, (so i now have to sets of bosch wipers which dont fit) the seat ones seem to need the hook type wiper arm - which is obviously the standard.

Now mine doesnt have a hook, it has a cylinder type piece of metal and then the wiper blade has a hole which slots on to this piece of metal, this is a long shot but i wondered if anyone might know what type of wiper arm this must be i.,e if its a common "modification" to a certain type of wiper arm, otherwise the only thing i can think of doign is bringing my wiper in to e.g halfords and start searching through them and see what looks similar :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Been told a mk5 astra wiper is 18" and as the same arrangement as the golf aero wipers.
So no need to cut it down if it's correct, just waiting to hear back.

aletchet

Apr 27, 2008
so what wipers do i actually need if its a mk4 aero, as clearly a standard mk4 golf pre 2003 has different wipers to this "aero" type ? which i guess is an add on.
as i would like these bosch ones as these appear to be the best ones at the moment

so i can make sure i can get the correct set this time, 3 rd time lucky.. gawdd :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Can someone coompare these pics to there car if you have aeros Ta

Mk5 Wiper arm

mk51medium.jpg

Mk5 Wiper blade

mk52medium.jpg

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
so what wipers do i actually need if its a mk4 aero, as clearly a standard mk4 golf pre 2003 has different wipers to this "aero" type ? which i guess is an add on.
as i would like these bosch ones as these appear to be the best ones at the moment

so i can make sure i can get the correct set this time, 3 rd time lucky.. gawdd :)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212396&highlight=wipers

But as above a mk5 one might be a direct fit and is 18" long.
That saves you cutting the passenger side down.

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
wipers.jpg

these are the ones i have just won on ebay and looking forward to fitting them soon included with the sale was 2 sets of Bosch blades.

They are Genuine Golf MK4 Bora Aero wiper arms and 2 sets of Bosch blades.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i have these on my leon. they are off a mk4 golf/bora. i took them off my bora when i sold it and put them on the leon. the passenger side will neet to be cut shorter but tis not hard to do. you will be as well off to get vw blades as i found bosh ones to be crap. they are around the same price aswell.

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
i have these on my leon. they are off a mk4 golf/bora. i took them off my bora when i sold it and put them on the leon. the passenger side will neet to be cut shorter but tis not hard to do. you will be as well off to get vw blades as i found bosh ones to be crap. they are around the same price aswell.

what inch blades am i looking for if i don't wana cut them short

aletchet

Apr 27, 2008
the bosh aero twins certainly work very well on my friends audi s3, so the blades seem fine, does anyone have the model number for these aerotwins for the mk4 aero?

otherwise if i have to get standard vw ones
:S 1J2 955 425B wiper £8.13
S 1J2 955 426B wiper £7.98

is there anywhere i can buy online?

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Bosch 984S i think.
Sure I read some where mk5 ones dont fit

ive had this problem yesterday, i wanted bosch aero twin wiper blades (at halfords there the 948s 21/19 ones for £20) but was told you need aero arms.

As ive got standard arms on mine, ive had the bosch plus ones which just fit onto the hook style arm.