whats the next step

tam lcr

im looking 4 advice on what 2 do next too my lcr 225bhp as am consernd bout a re map if the deeler up dates the engine managment at a service will that be my mony wasted cos my nice go faster map will be lost :shrug: :confused: :doh:

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
If in the unlikely event your dealer reflashes the ECU at a service most maps can be reloaded easily enough

With REVO you can do it via an SPS switch, with some of the other tuners it would poss a case of taking it back to them

Not a big prob either way

Remap will make a decent difference

Cupra_Mark

Jun 15, 2006
South Wales
tam lcr said:
im looking 4 advice on what 2 do next too my lcr 225bhp as am consernd bout a re map if the deeler up dates the engine managment at a service will that be my mony wasted cos my nice go faster map will be lost :shrug: :confused: :doh:

I would worry more about your spelling TBH :)

Cupra_Mark

Jun 15, 2006
South Wales
tam lcr said:

WTF - I would worry more about your spelling than the car TBH :)

Posted Twice Sorry!!

Last edited:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
But that was such an appauling sentance, it was worth mentioning twice!

I would suggest that if it is out of warranty, when you put it in for a service tell them it has been remapped and not to re-flash the ECU. I don't believe that would be done as a matter of course anyway. But as already said, I know Revo can be switched back on (not sure about other remaps but can't imagine they would be too different) or in the worst case scenario, go back with you receipt and the Revo dealer should sort it out for you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.