Wheel bearing info

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
It seems that one of my wheel bearings is on it's way out. At the moment we can't tell which wheel it is but the noise is coming from the passenger side. The brake discs and pads will need replacing soon so I thought I might as well get the bearings at least checked out throughly whilst the discs are off as it will be easier to feel any problems then.

What I'd like to do is get a front and back bearing ordered just in case and as I work for a engineering company, I can get bearings at a fraction of what Seat would charge, direct from the manufacturer.

So can anyone help me with the part numbers? By part numbers I mean the SKF/NSK/FAG etc manufacturer part numbers not the Seat part number.

I drive a Cupra tdi.

Cheers

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

If your car has ABS then forget trying to get cheaper bearings.

The bearing for the Ibiza comes as a "Bearing/flange/abs sensor ring assembly"

The abs sensor ring gets scrapped when you remove the bearings and the new on can be scrapped if you dont press them in carefully.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
OK thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to hope ECP have the assemblies in stock when I change the discs just incase we do find a failing bearing. Just find it frustrating that I could probably get the front and back bearings for under a tenner instead of buying an assembly for £54 from ECP

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
OK thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to hope ECP have the assemblies in stock when I change the discs just incase we do find a failing bearing. Just find it frustrating that I could probably get the front and back bearings for under a tenner instead of buying an assembly for £54 from ECP

I am also in engineering - We have a local bearing stockist too.

Even if you get the correct bearings - the ABS sensor ring is still an issue.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I am also in engineering - We have a local bearing stockist too.

Even if you get the correct bearings - the ABS sensor ring is still an issue.

Yeah I see that it's not the case of simply pressing the old on out and pressing the new one in now. Too bad, if it was that simple I'd do all 4 wheels as a matter of course but iwth the assembly being £54 I'll wait until I can identify the problem corner

Thanks for your advice

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.