Wheel Hopping/Spin Cupra 290

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Reactions: 70 Plate- Cupra 290

beasty54

Jul 23, 2020
Let me know how much difference the PS4s makes to this hopping issue.

I've only had the PS4s on for a few days now but the first thing I've noticed is the noise, it's so much quieter that the P zeros which is a real nice bonus.

Wheel hop, I've put my foot down quite hard a couple of times today and while i did get a bit of wheel spin, it wasn't even close to being as bad as normal, it real easy to control and there was no wheel hop at all. I haven't had it in sport mode and put the pedal to the floor yet, i'll try that tomorrow at some point but i could quite easily make the car hop in comfort mode anyway so, i'm already more than impressed with the difference the PS4s have made.

Reactions: xyz

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
It comes with the territory, I've got PS4s on my car and it'll hop easily with too much right pedal. It's easy to find the grip when you get used to it but them damn 4wd Golfs/Audi's will show you dust!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Ahh well, i'd rather be able to drive on a B road than traffic light GP. Anyway, this cupra is lethal once warm tyres are past 30. Jeez, really does have more than 290 surely.

Reactions: Peller

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Ahh well, i'd rather be able to drive on a B road than traffic light GP. Anyway, this cupra is lethal once warm tyres are past 30. Jeez, really does have more than 290 surely.
Im sure i read some were that when someone read the maps on a r s3 and cup they was all the same anyways, sometime I think that my cupra is slow but then other times its a beast, strange car lol

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

beasty54

Jul 23, 2020
I've had the PS4s on for a week now and the wheel hop has pretty much gone on my 300. I've noticed a bit of a screech and a tiny bit of wheel spin when almost putting the pedal to the floor (in sport) but these tyres grip like a b***h compared to the P Zeros i swapped them for.

Reactions: perryqhill

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
I've had the PS4s on for a week now and the wheel hop has pretty much gone on my 300. I've noticed a bit of a screech and a tiny bit of wheel spin when almost putting the pedal to the floor (in sport) but these tyres grip like a b***h compared to the P Zeros i swapped them for.

I have the stock contact sports 6 or something, I think they are terrible.

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
Also a quick update for this post, I realized when turning traction control off this issue isnt there, I think the traction is stopping the wheel from a wheel spin but then causing this wheel hop.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
But the tyres are brand new

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Isnt traction control always on even when holding the buttons till it says off because mine still flashes when you pager it, ps4s so far are holding up but still get wheel hop, my insert arrived in post today so. Gunna do that Over weekend if thats fails its the hybrid bush to try next

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I get very little, if none in mine with the Powerflex Hybrid.
That's on Continental contisport 5 (or 6s, I can't remember what's on it).

Can't wait to get PS4s when these wear out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
What's your point? Are you trying to suggest that there's more tread so they're going to be better? Obviously this doesn't apply if I'm driving on decent and completely dry roads.

They're just a better tyre, it's that simple.
Well I would have thought new tyres (softer) = more grip/ less wheel spin and the TC stays off so the acceleration is smoother .As the wheels start to loose traction the TC kicks in which must make the suspension load and unload maybe this causes the banging/hop .Fitting harder bushes eliminates most of the movement and helps with the banging as we all know :)

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Also a quick update for this post, I realized when turning traction control off this issue isnt there, I think the traction is stopping the wheel from a wheel spin but then causing this wheel hop.
Yeh, second this. Tested it in the cold rain and got massive wheel hop with TC on. With TC Sport is was much more reduced.

Reactions: 70 Plate- Cupra 290

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Isnt traction control always on even when holding the buttons till it says off because mine still flashes when you pager it, ps4s so far are holding up but still get wheel hop, my insert arrived in post today so. Gunna do that Over weekend if thats fails its the hybrid bush to try next

Got an update on this or a link to the insert? Only ones i found were engine mounts.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.