Wheel Hopping/Spin Cupra 290

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
Is it normal to get wheel spin/wheel hopping when flooring it in either first or second gear?

Just making sure its not an issue, since when it does wheel hop its like the car is about to break into pieces the whole car vibrates very harshly like somethings broke.

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
Yes it is normal, it can sound like the shock absorber is going to smash throw the bonnet lol.
You can get a lower torque mount upgrade that will help to reduce it, a lot.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Thanks, i have heard about the mount and stuff but since its a lease i cant modify anything so i wont bother.
As long as its not an issue im happy :)

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Thinking about going 4S however i hear the wet grip isnt good, in the UK its mostly wet. Might go for the standard PS4
I've never had an issue with them in the wet on my cupra, s4 or polestar, and reviews seem to say the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013_123415_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013_123415_com.android.chrome.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 159

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Thinking about going 4S however i hear the wet grip isnt good, in the UK its mostly wet. Might go for the standard PS4
Either you heard wrong or the people you heard from can't drive. The PS4S's I had were amazing in the wet - the F1 Supersports are also awesome.
Of course, you can break traction in the wet if you try, but the tyres are having to do a lot to keep up with 290+ bhp.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah the PS4S are ridiculously good In the wet, mine are now 18 months old and still very good.

The insert is only 30 quid and takes 5 mins to put in, the leaser won’t know that you’ve done it if you don’t take it out, or take it out before handing back.

Makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

I've got 4S all round on my MK2 running just shy of 400bhp and have no issues in the wet. I think the issue is, tyre brand / construction do make a difference. But the laws of physics still apply and if the tyres are pushed past their limits in the current conditions any/all tyres will break traction.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
I think the idea that tyres help are a myth, i had 2 budget shitters on the front when i bought it hammered it wheel hop City so splashed out 350 bash on ps4s and its exactly the same, my inserts arived today so when a get chance ima put that in and hope it fixes it, i think its strange how seat havent fixed this issue or designed a stronger bush for the more powerful engines

beasty54

Jul 23, 2020
The hop on my 300 is also brutal, it's rare i floor it from an almost stand still but i did it tonight in sport mode and the banging sound is scary as **** :LOL: My P zero's are just about done so i've ordered some PS4s tonight, hopefully they'll help a bit with hop and they wern't bad at £280 fitted with a free alignment and winter checks either.

I'm also wondering whether it's worth ordering the powerflex lower dogbone mount insert kit, its only £35 but not sure how easy they are to fit?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
It comes with the territory, I've got PS4s on my car and it'll hop easily with too much right pedal. It's easy to find the grip when you get used to it but them damn 4wd Golfs/Audi's will show you dust!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyz

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I'm also wondering whether it's worth ordering the powerflex lower dogbone mount insert kit, its only £35 but not sure how easy they are to fit?
Very easy, ten minute job. Jack the car up, remove the bolt, put the insert and bolt back in, tighten, let the car down. Job done.

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
The hop on my 300 is also brutal, it's rare i floor it from an almost stand still but i did it tonight in sport mode and the banging sound is scary as **** :LOL: My P zero's are just about done so i've ordered some PS4s tonight, hopefully they'll help a bit with hop and they wern't bad at £280 fitted with a free alignment and winter checks either.

Let me know how much difference the PS4s makes to this hopping issue.