Wheel Repair

TT Law

Can anyone recommend a wheel repairer in the Birmingham area. I have managed to kerb one of the alloys on my FR. Has anyone had this done before and been happy with the results?

I am unsure of who to choose due to the dark colour of the alloys.

Steve

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
Can anyone recommend a wheel repairer in the Birmingham area. I have managed to kerb one of the alloys on my FR. Has anyone had this done before and been happy with the results?

I am unsure of who to choose due to the dark colour of the alloys.

Steve

Welcome to the club......... I think everyone on this forum with an FR has kerbed their alloys..... (Those who haven't probably don't drive it enough!) :happy:

It pains when I hear the grind of my alloys against kerb....
*sob sob*

BTW, hijacking the thread a bit......... can anyone recommend one in London? :)

Also anyone recommend some tires with decent rim protectors for 18"?

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
IM so annoyed, i kerbed one of mine this morning. [:@]

I've only had the car since Friday. :cry:

I need to find a place too now near Enfield

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
Car parks are the worst.. Right at the exit gate, while your concentrating on the ticket machine, all is well. Then suddenly there is a kerb you can't see as you pull off. Seriously messed 1 of mine up.

neilandbob

Dec 17, 2006
uffculme devon
your right bloody missus is always driving mine ... only get to drive it at the weekends , thats if i grab the keys first !!! .... :banned: the wive !!!!!!

~craig~

Apr 15, 2007
Brighton
f*ck [:@] just kerbed one of me alloy's (again) [:@]

That sound is soul-destroying......just on the edge and it's left it all knarled up too :cry:

I think I might wait until I move to a house with a driveway (not street parking) and them get them done.

Does anyone know if a colour match has been found for the 18" FR wheel?

Desiro

Pristine wheels in Milton keynes can order the paint in specially but its not cheap. I was given a rough estimate over the phone of £85 each + vat and any repairs required are extra. That does include however the courier to fetch the wheels from sheffield.
thats for the 18" FR wheel by the way.
Anyone know how much a new wheel is?

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
Pristine wheels in Milton keynes can order the paint in specially but its not cheap. I was given a rough estimate over the phone of £85 each + vat and any repairs required are extra. That does include however the courier to fetch the wheels from sheffield.
thats for the 18" FR wheel by the way.
Anyone know how much a new wheel is?

New wheels are approx £175 + vat

paulw2427

Dec 12, 2006
Hi mate!
Try this guy he repaired mine really well!!. I had a scuff about 2 inches long but I didnt want the whole wheel painted, just the quarter where the damage was. He mixed the colour by eye and has the matifier in the van from my job. He did a wicked job infact he came yesterday to paint my wheel hubs in a aluminium heat resistant paint so you cant see horrible rusty hubs.

Say you have been recommended by Paul in wednesbury (say the one with the scalextric in his loft)

Very good

Mark Wassell (wicked Wheels)

07974 707277

He will do it right outside your house mate:):p

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
I used easy repair centre in Tamworth (not a million miles away from you in Brum)

http://www.easyrepaircentre.co.uk/

They sorted mine after a very nasty kerbing for £60 and made it look like new! And yes, that was on the 18"s.

Going to take it there again now I mashed a wheel up against a car park exit and hit a pothole. Also had a small bit flake off on another wheel, so only have one which is perfect [:@]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.