Wheels rubbing

L_sutts

Hi people, i know this subject always comes up and i'm sure you get bored of it but i'v read loads about it and cant figure out my problem.

Iv recently had my car lowered on weitec coilovers and now the front wheels catch. I didn't think it was silly low, still gap for 2 fingers between tyre and arch. I'v had the arches rolled and the guy thought there should be plenty of room but they still catches.
I have the old S3 wheels which are on 205/40/17 tyres.

Any thoughts welcome, thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
EH :blink:

cant see how that is ..... are the damp adjust aswell ? maby on the softest setting ?

i had old s3 wheels on 205/40/17's on a slambed fabia vrs and it never caught once !

and now have a cupra tdi lowerd even more with 215/35/18 on it and it just catches at times......

do you have any pictures ?

L_sutts

Nah there fixed damp, i'm out of ideas, dont want to go back to standard wheels!!!

Hanv't got any pics but dont think i can post them yet. Havnt got my 15 posts.

L_sutts

I'm about 20 mins from boston. Near coningsby/ woodhall area if you know where they are???

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
I'm on weitecs and getting a bit of rubbing: the screw at the top of the arch liner on the outer edge is the main culprit - take that out, the arch liner supports itself fine.
There was also a small bit of arch liner on the inside that was trimmed.
Now its not too bad, just try to avoid big dips and bumps - it's what im doing until I get the chance to sort it out properly!

L_sutts

Iv taken the screw out too, read that somewhere on here and cut the plastic lining, which i wish i hadn't done.

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
It was.. the tyre marks on the arch liner being proof - I trimmed bits away in the first place to try and avoid the rubbing but it only worked for smaller bumps/dips. Now I've replaced the bushes the wheel never rubs (aside from once I think on a massive dip) - I'm guessing the wishbone was moving around so much due to the shagged bushes that the wheels angle was changing so much on bumps that it'd rub the arch liner.

L_sutts

Arhh right, thanks for that. Sounds dead the same as whats happening to me. My car is going into the garage this weekend so i'll see if he could do it then.
Are your wheels et32 george130???

Last edited by a moderator:

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
Arhh right, thanks for that. Sounds dead the same as whats happening to me. My car is going into the garage this weekend so i'll see if he could do it then.
Are your wheels et32 george130???

I think so... either et32 or et35... they're Leon FR+ wheels, 17x7.5J with 205/40/17's on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.