When I start my car it locks me in and arms the alarm??

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
I sometimes end up pressing the lock button when i turn the key in the ignition. Cant think why it would do it otherwise unless you have wire crossed (literally!). Does it do it every time?

Cupra_Tim

May 8, 2008
Pontypool (South Wales)
I sometimes end up pressing the lock button when i turn the key in the ignition. Cant think why it would do it otherwise unless you have wire crossed (literally!). Does it do it every time?

I thought i did that too, but nope,

i unlock the car,
get in and shut the door,
put the key in the ignition,
turn the key and the doors lock,
the red LED in the door, flashes as if its locked,
then after about 10 seconds the alarm goes off. :confused:

what kind off alarm is installed ?

Standard factory fitted mate

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
That is weird, i thought the chip in the key disabled the alarm etc if the key went into the ignition within a certain time, if your fob is out of batteries for example. Maybe try you spare key and see if it does it?

Cupra_Tim

May 8, 2008
Pontypool (South Wales)
That is weird, i thought the chip in the key disabled the alarm etc if the key went into the ignition within a certain time, if your fob is out of batteries for example. Maybe try you spare key and see if it does it?

thought of that one too, ive tried the spare (non-remote key) same problem

and the little chip is in the master key (remote locking key)

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
this is a weird one!

for the meantime, i recommend pressing the Button after you enter the car. it seems like the internal sensors are setting the alarms off.

(button = on the right of drivers seat)

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i personally dont think re syncing the fob with solve anything as it already unlocks the door and disarms the alarm, otherwise the alarm would sound soon as you opened the door.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
my girl friends vauxhall alarm would constantly sound as the battery was almost dead. kinda like a smoke alarm would beep, but the car alarm would just sound all day long...

could this be seat's version of "change my alarm battery?"

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
it "could" fix it. maybe you can make a deal with the dealership. if it fixes it you will pay it. if it does not you wont pay out. (from memory i think a dealer will charge you 2 arms, half a leg and your salary for the next 10 years)

of course the dealer will plug it in to their computers to see what it might be...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.