When I start my car it locks me in and arms the alarm??

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
You need both keys for this....and it must be completed within 30 seconds.

1)Make sure vehicle is open
2)Use normal fob to switch on ignition
3)Use spare key to lock drivers door manually
4)unlock and then lock manually the drivers door with the spare key while pressing the 'open' button on the normal fob
5)Take key out of ignition.

Probably have to do a silly dance and say some magic words too but maybe worth a go.

deanowuk

same problem

mine is doing exactly the same mate, i have a 150 tdi fr. i was told to disconnect the battery an that would reset the alarm, it never worked. if you have any look sortin it could you please let me know, likewise i will let you know if i have any look today. cheers and good look dean

deanowuk

i rang them and they said it would be a matter of elimination, because there was many things that could cause it. that didnt sound like it was gonna be cheap. il keep ringing around today and see if i get any better answers. il post any info i get here. cheers deano...

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
would def get it scanned ,
i have vag com, i live nr pontypridd , but do work in st mellons ,

im all new to the vag com thing so unless you now more than me it would be trial and error ,

i do know how to scan tho , which i believe is all you need

deanowuk

i went in to my local seat dealer today, they didn't have time to put it on the comp i will have to pop back, but the mechanic there said he hadn't came across this problem before????

deanowuk

if you get in and the alarm doesnt activate its fine, it doesnt always happen. not sure if thats the case with yours. normally you set of and a few seconds down the road the doors lock, sum kind of safety feature.

but when it does happen as soon as you start the car the doors all lock and the alarm warning light on the drivers door starts flashing, after 10 or 15 seconds the alarm goes off, and you have to stop the car and press the button on the key to unlock the door, try starting it and the same thing happens
if you leave it for an hour or 2 and try it seems to be fine

i found out today that the alarm only goes off the once, i needed to get the car home and when i started it the alarm activated and the the siren started to go, i though stuff it and set off for home, was only a few miles away, but once i got a couple of hundred yards down the road the siren stoped and then a little further the hazard lights stopped flashing . when i got home i had to press the button whilst inside the car to open the doors as they were still locked and the red alarm light was still flashing...

Cupra_Tim

May 8, 2008
Pontypool (South Wales)
Took the car to the stealers yesterday,

they've put the problem down to the ignition switch, and 2 other wiring faults (no detail on these tho)

and they were going to charge me £278 (they're havin a gee-raff)

so ive ordered the part (£30 from SEAT) (£10 from EURO Car Parts) and i'll get some one else to change it i think

Original problem is intermitent now tho,

But I did have a smile on my face when driving out of the garage with the alarm and hazards blaring :D

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Tim post up the parts and numbers when you get them. Might help someone else out in the future with the same issue. Hope you get it sorted.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members