where can i get a n75 race valve from??

HarveyGTI

try a search mate, no such thing as a "race" valve

there are different types of valve such as an H and J N75 valve, which basically add a couple of PSI and can cause PSI spikes and add boost in more aggressively, making the car feel a little quicker but when i had one, i went back to the standard N75 valve as the difference was very marginal

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
yup no such thing. On a standard car you can experiment with the j valve etc but as soon as you get remapped its back to the standard one as they are written for the standard valve.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
TTS roadsport, thats where i got mine from. my understanding is (please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) the J variant originates from the 2.7 S4 audi engine and isn't designed for the 1.8T lumps that is why it is fitted in a different way to the normal N75. i've had my ECS "race" N75 on for the best part of a month now and haven't had any issues, it seems to hold boost further up the rev range compared to the old N75 on my LCR. http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...di&model=TT MKI&submodel=Quattro&engine=225HP

Last edited:

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
my car was mapped with a n75j but now i hit limp mode with the standard F or C.

Trail and error really as some people find J and H valve work OK and others don't

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If you really want a 'Race' valve, don't waste your money on buying one branded as 'Race' as they are exactly the same as the 'J' variant that can be bought cheaper new, or even cheaper still second hand.

And as for any gains... Placebo affect. 'I've spent £50 on this performance mod so my car must be faster....'

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
If you really want a 'Race' valve, don't waste your money on buying one branded as 'Race' as they are exactly the same as the 'J' variant that can be bought cheaper new, or even cheaper still second hand.

And as for any gains... Placebo affect. 'I've spent £50 on this performance mod so my car must be faster....'

are you talking from experience or from hearsay evidence? there was a distinct difference in my car after i had mine fitted. i brought it before i had the re-map done just to make sure any differences weren't just down to the car being re-mapped.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
The race valves are actually N75 ''H'' valves. This has been proven with matching part numbers.

The H is blamed for a lot of engines going into limp mode, it spikes high and overboosts.
The J valve is ''supposed'' to be less aggressive and not go into limp mode.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
are you talking from experience or from hearsay evidence? there was a distinct difference in my car after i had mine fitted. i brought it before i had the re-map done just to make sure any differences weren't just down to the car being re-mapped.

Experience, thank you. I've had both versions fitted to my car. And let's just say the J didn't stay there for too long.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
for a similar rr test, the differences between each valve is tiny, from the tests ive done and seen the c seems to be the better of them for a standard car.
clicky

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
The race valves are actually N75 ''H'' valves. This has been proven with matching part numbers.

again, please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but the "race" N75 uses the body of the H valve but has different internals and that is apparently the only similarity between the two.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.