Where to mount 3 60mm gauges?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
I'm desperately hoping to fit 3 60mm gauges to my cupra, can triple pillar pods be bought or custom made? As the usual nomads only do single and double, and the cupra r holders only take 52mm if I'm right? Has anyone tried mounting some on the dash in the center (like in scoobies?)

I'm only doing this because after a year of searching I've found some gauges I actually like and they only come in 60mm, I def need egt, a/f & boost, also oil temp really

Last edited:

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
You could probably modify the cupra R centre holder to 60mm instead of 52mm. I dont think you would want more than two gauges on the pillar tbh. What gauges are they?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
the spa gauges look good in terms of function, its just not the look i'm going for, i really want all matching gauges with an oem look..all analog as well..e.g. not defi spaceship gadget style...problem is im so picky its taken a year to find some!

I've managed to pick up Boost, EGT, Fuel Press & Oil Press (all 60mm) from the U.S second hand for a bargain of around £300 considering they are so rare!, plan on selling the oil/fuel gauges as i think they are fairly useless?? let me know if im wrong on that!!!

i like your idea PJ, but wont it look a little cluttered? i could get a 52mm one (slightly different design & not a warning gauge) for oil temp and only have one as a 60mm in the Cupra R holder, but A/F only comes in 60mm so i have to get it that size

Last edited:

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
I dont think it will look to bad if they are all oem look. Better than something on the dash anyway imo. Make sure you have the gauges you want to keep an eye on all the time in the pillar pod and the others in the cupra r holder or the ones with audible warnings in the cupra r holder.

What gauges are they?