Who should map my leon fr 2.0 TDI CR

likeitah

Hi, who should I get to map my leon fr tdi CR?
Obviosly I don't want to blow my car up with a cheap e bay thing! so if any one has had one of these cars mapped I'd like to know what sort of power and torque they've got and whats the reliabilty and driveabilty like?
Thanks in advance
Danny

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hi, who should I get to map my leon fr tdi CR?
Obviosly I don't want to blow my car up with a cheap e bay thing! so if any one has had one of these cars mapped I'd like to know what sort of power and torque they've got and whats the reliabilty and driveabilty like?
Thanks in advance Danny
Have used many in the past but superchips gives a engine/trans warranty cover for the first year if that interests you? . ..................................................... I have NEVER had a engine related failures with any of the remapper's and this was before the days OBD port uploads!!

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
i really reccommend my sharkperformance remap to anyone.

hes getting first rate reviews on briskoda and tyresmoke etc. i believe he has just done someones TDI from on this forum
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/151624-thankyou-benshark-performance/

If not try REVO but they are more expensive but very good.

Id say dont do bluefin, i had bluefin on mine @stage 1, 2 and 2+ and didnt rate it that well. This new map wipes the floor with it delivery wise. plus it has the STS handset with all the same bonuses that the bluefin handset has- from reading and clearing fault codes, ability to go back to stock map when ever you want, you load the map at home, and also has the immobiliser map.

here is a review of it on a TDI 170 passat(same engine), and also on a TFSI A4. smae bloke with plenty of experience of different maps on his last few cars
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/14...hark performance__fromsearch__1&#entry1824095

this is for the PD170 Fr, but i have read that he has mapped the CR engine as well
http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/b...5-2009/Seat Leon (1P) 2005-2009 2.0TDi PD170/

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Depending where your from

Most people would go REVO or Custom Code

id personally go and see Chris @ CCTuning.co.uk hes a top guy been working on VW's for a long time and knows his stuff , He also does Before and After RR Runs with all Maps

john atkinson

Jan 24, 2010
Superchips again. I had my previous car, a MK4 Golf 1.9 TDI 100 PD modified with Superchip. After fitting, BHP was 138, torque was greatly increased (forgotten figure), Turbo lag completely eliminated and fuel consumption increased by upto 5 MPG when driven sensibly and no worse when driven hard.
Bear in mind these comments refer to a 1.9 engine and not 2.0

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Superchips Bluefin on mine too, no drama's - a good map.

It was third time lucky..

1st map was Ch1pped UK (which appears to use the same unit as Shark)
2nd map Custom Code
3rd Superchips

Been on for probably 15k now - really happy with it

Other good thing is that when I get a new car, they have a discount scheme (not sure what the price is at the moment)

FR_Flavoured

It's interesting how trends change from month, to year (changing popularily of products, such as Maps). Suppose it comes down to the market and demand.

Just checked 'CC Tuning', their map for my Leon will return over 30bhp increase. Are these their own custom maps, or still a commercial product?
Yet, looking at SuperChips Bluefin - its under 30bhp increase, yet over £100 more expensive!

Dilemma, Eibach Sportlines or a Remap. :think:

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
When i had my leon i was going to goto Revo, just because some Seat dealerships offer it now

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
ive gone with Tunit

i had this on my old fr tdi for 2 years and got the new FL version went back to them

im not sure about what im getting put overall its better than my old fr.

my old one had over 350lb torque and 201bhp. this was restricted by the dpf though

this is a devive that plugs into the side of the engine and actually plays with fuel rather than changing the ecu.

it comes with warranty but you can add to this as well...

http://www.tunit.com/about/tunit-product-range.php#V-CR

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just checked 'CC Tuning', their map for my Leon will return over 30bhp increase. Are these their own custom maps, or still a commercial product?
Yet, looking at SuperChips Bluefin - its under 30bhp increase, yet over £100 more expensive!

Hi Mate

Chris at CCTuning Writes his own maps and also Gives you a Rolling Road Run before and after so you can see your increase
Thje Figures on his Website are for a Leon FR TDI PD170 not a CR170 unless hes updated it recently , Hes got a PD170 himself
Contact him , Hes a forum sponsor on my main forum and is always happy to answer questions you might have
My Main forum recently had a RR day at his place aswell , A few lads had Maps done and all went away with :D

FR_Flavoured

Hi Andrew, thankyou for your feedback, much appreciated.

Mine's the FR Mk2 PD170 also, not the more recent facelift CR170. Its the former that they have stated on the website.

The Rolling Road before AND after the Map certainly captured my interest.
It shows their dedication and confidence in their services, with the customer there watching the process and actually seeing how much improvement they've made, with the Rolling Road afterwards.

....So you dont just hand over the cash, be told that its all done, and drive away with no real knowledge of whats been done to your car.

By the way, Im also local to MK too. ;) Out of interest, wheres your "main forum" or is it here SCN? :)

Thanks again.

Destructo

The TUnit one looks like you could easily take it out and sell your car as factory intended power and possibly fit it to your next car...
"The Tunit V-CR covers the majority of modern diesels"

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi Andrew, thankyou for your feedback, much appreciated.

Mine's the FR Mk2 PD170 also, not the more recent facelift CR170. Its the former that they have stated on the website.

The Rolling Road before AND after the Map certainly captured my interest.
It shows their dedication and confidence in their services, with the customer there watching the process and actually seeing how much improvement they've made, with the Rolling Road afterwards.

....So you dont just hand over the cash, be told that its all done, and drive away with no real knowledge of whats been done to your car.

By the way, Im also local to MK too. ;) Out of interest, wheres your "main forum" or is it here SCN? :)

Thanks again.

My Main forum is TDIsport.com

Where bouts in MK Area? ive seen a fair few FR's around most im guessing are from VW tho

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.