Whose running TT Comps?

Wardy TDi

Leon searching....
Apr 27, 2006
Manchester
I'm considering a set as I've been offered some. Anyone run them? Think I've seen a few photos in the past, but can't remember who the members were.

Just wondering about centre caps really - have people kept the Audi ones, or are decent replacement Seat ones available? Or would adhesive badges do the trick?

Thanks,
Steve

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Toxxin aka Tom B was running them on one of his Ibizas before he sold it, so might be worth asking him.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I bought Tom's wheels, and they were very briefly on my mk4 Beezer. Tom fitted a set of SEAT wheel badges which are readily available from dealers. I kept the Audi ones on for the very short time I had them on the car but would have changed to SEAT ones should I have kept the car.
The SEAT ones are not expensive but the Audi ones are - so I would definately keep the Audi ones off the car over winter as they suffer finish defects very quickly if not religiously cleaned this time of year. Water gets under the laquer and makes white lines in the finish! That's why you see so many TT Comps sprayed plain silver - much easier to look after!

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
I got them too but they're at the tire center right now for re-polishing.

Here's an example from another one

photo27bc6.jpg

rallyslag3

Mar 23, 2007
I am thinking of getting some of these! I had a set on my old mk4 golf and the buyer said they would only take the car with the comps! gutted!
What size tyres would you need to run when fitted to a mk4 ibiza?
And does anyone have aset for sale?

Mr Max

i will be runnin a set of polished TT's come the winter, easier to clean than the RH

Mr Max

if their good enough for an audi to drive through the winter on, their good enough for me to drive through the winter on, lol, theirs a coat of lacquer over them anyway, so they'll be alright

Mr Max

then i may get them refurbed come next spring and sell them to some happy camper. btw, they'll be shiner if you dont re-lacquer them

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
to be fair i want the original finish as my one's have been refurbed before hand and the guy made a mess of them.

Also want another personal touch which will suit my theme for the car

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.