Why am i getting condensation on the inside of my windscreen?

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
As Above "Why am i getting condensation on the inside of my windscreen?"

it has only just started to happen and i haven't had this on any previous cars so i was wondering if you knew why?

it is a real pain as it takes longer to leave the drive to get to work

many thanks in advance

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Check for wet carpets front and back. If they are dry then check the pollon filter is not wet (leaves blocking the scuttle drain under the wipers)

If the rear carpet is wet it could be the rear wash pipe popped off.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I had condensation on my dials yesterday...never seen that before! Hopefully it's just weird weather conditions

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Check for wet carpets front and back. If they are dry then check the pollon filter is not wet (leaves blocking the scuttle drain under the wipers)

If the rear carpet is wet it could be the rear wash pipe popped off.

if it has popped off your the washers not work?

also how do i get to the pollen filter?

cheers

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Because you're gay is why you get this! :lol:

Every car gets it - don't worry! :lol: Mine does it too! Just use the windscreen demister and stop being a woman about it! ;)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
if the rear washer works nice and strong it's prob not popped off.

The pollen filter is behind the glove box sort of tucked up in the passenger foot well. IIRC 2 screws and it pulls out.

Check below the wipers for leaves blocking the scuttle drains, the heater sucks the air from the scuttle area and if it's flooded it will suck water in and wet your pollon filter.

At the end of the day a wet windscreen on the inside tells you that somthing inside the car is wet.

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
if the rear washer works nice and strong it's prob not popped off.

The pollen filter is behind the glove box sort of tucked up in the passenger foot well. IIRC 2 screws and it pulls out.

Check below the wipers for leaves blocking the scuttle drains, the heater sucks the air from the scuttle area and if it's flooded it will suck water in and wet your pollon filter.

i think this might be the problem as the snow blocked the scuttle area and then would melt damping the filter

cheers

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Also try opening the windows a crack while you drive along to force the damp air out of the car before you stop & park up. If you've had a long commute the air inside will be humid with your exhalation & perspiration - replace it with nice crisp air from outside and the problem is greatly reduced.

Aimez

Oh my GOD this morning was a joke I was using my ice scraper on the inside then had bits of ice all over the seats, not impressed! Never been this bad must be something to do with all the snow had last Monday. I must check the pollen filter when I get a chance as its ridiculous!

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
Oh my GOD this morning was a joke I was using my ice scraper on the inside then had bits of ice all over the seats, not impressed! Never been this bad must be something to do with all the snow had last Monday. I must check the pollen filter when I get a chance as its ridiculous!

Can't say mine has ever frozen inside :headhurt:

Condensation yes, freezing, noooooooo. I have got a leak in my door seal which drips on my drivers seat tho :/ bad times when it rains really heavy.

Aimez

Yeh I'm convinced it must be the filter as I have only had it this week and this happened after the snow clogging up under the wipers last Monday (never snows like that here) cos these are the first days since the snow it's been frosty. Have not had a chance to look yet as by the time I finish work it is dark!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well, I think that the deal here is to always remove the snow that ends up in top of the heater intake area - its not hard to do - just always brush the snow off the car side ways and at the end of doing this clear the grill areas. Using only your hands to do this means that you will not clear the grill areas - you need to get a soft nylon hand brush. Even if it build up when you are driving, at the end of the journey just remove it before it ends up melting with the car's residual heat then freezing up solid while the car is not in use. Remember no one, other than complete morons, breaks the law and inconveniences other road users, by driving around with a car still covered in snow.

Maybe this winter is giving a few people a first taste of what its like to have to get around when it snows over an extended period of time - some people unfortunately get this training every year - but its still a boring pain in the neck!

Last edited:

scopo

Did you use Windolene on the glass ?

This generally results in really bad condensation! :(

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Did you use Windolene on the glass ?

This generally results in really bad condensation! :(

Mine car was leaking from the passanger door skin (was not fitted correctly for some reason) and soaking the carpets, since rectified though.

Haven't used windolene. I use ambersil glass cleaner, it definitely helps keeping the glass surface clean. I tend to have less misting up when nice and clean.

Aimez

Just looked filter fine, few leaves in my face. Carpets are dry. Think it may have just been where snow fell in the car and made the carpets wet at the time then it warmed up for 2 days then it got icy and then the inside froze. If it comes back next week I will be annoyed as no one seems to have any ideas what else it could be as never had this before and people at work with older cars and craper build (Rover and Pug and Citrons) have not had this happen to them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.