Wideband gauge and sensor

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Sounds like it could be your pump as my mis-fire/ loss of power above 5k has gone since fitting new lcr pump. My injectors are still maxing out though but running fine.

Ive been advised to put a 4bar regulator on & re-map or bigger injectors & re-map

Im going for the cheaper option 1st which is the 4bar regulator & take it from there so keep you posted.

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Sounds like it could be your pump as my mis-fire/ loss of power above 5k has gone since fitting new lcr pump. My injectors are still maxing out though but running fine.

Ive been advised to put a 4bar regulator on & re-map or bigger injectors & re-map

Im going for the cheaper option 1st which is the 4bar regulator & take it from there so keep you posted.

If your maxing out its likely to be lean.. You got a wideband?

I've no misfire but have a noticeable step down in acceleration when the injectors max out and the airflow readings jump up and down bit during it too..
I'll hook up my pressure tester after work if these massive downpours stop and check the idle pressure, but need to get some longer bits of fuel hose to get the gauge to the window to go a drive and test on boost pressure.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
I ment a gauge, but yeh it's on my list too...

Read a good bit on a few DIY widebands and it doesn't look too hard if you know what wires do what.. And get the complete loom.. And wiring diagram!

But the time...!!

Have you done a wideband ecu conversion.?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Fancy doing mine :lol:
No not really! It's a mission.

Read a good bit on a few DIY widebands and it doesn't look too hard if you know what wires do what.. And get the complete loom.. And wiring diagram!

But the time...!!

I have a wideband ECU conversion yes, a few things needed mapping out and relays/ wires adding etc. I tried myself but had to hand over to someone else :(

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

But the time...!!

you dont need a loom..

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
you dont need a loom..

I had read somewhere in an archive about some one doing it and having a problem with the throttle not working and a relay missing... At that point I decided it wasn't something I'm willing to do to my daily driver... A project yeh, but not my daily.

I figure on the daily, it has to be a reliable car then paying someone who knows the tricks n best way to do it would be the best option!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I had read somewhere in an archive about some one doing it and having a problem with the throttle not working and a relay missing... At that point I decided it wasn't something I'm willing to do to my daily driver... A project yeh, but not my daily.

I figure on the daily, it has to be a reliable car then paying someone who knows the tricks n best way to do it would be the best option!

Yeah that's my thread!

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Got the decat yesterday, and gauge is in the car, just have to put it all together now..

Question... I know The 2nd lambda gets spaced out of the exhaust stream until I can get it mapped out.. BUT can I leave the 2nd lambda out the exhaust entirely? (leave it electrically connected ofcourse) And put the wide band in its place?

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Ive left the 2nd lambda out and put a bung in the exhaust and i have no codes and a 2nd lambda sensor that thinks my cat is super duper

Haha! So no bad effect from not having a sensor in? Do your fuel adaptions work correctly?

I'm thinking ill fix the reportedly dodgy fitment of this toyosports 3" dp decat, so will prob just weld the bung in anyway, can't be bothered fitting twice!

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Right that's it's all installed recently... Forgot to update been busy...

So it's now 3"decat and started a small amount of blue smoke on occasion... Hey ho.. I'll put it down to loss of back pressure.. And have another turbo sitting waiting anyway...

The wideband is showing me constant 14.7/8 on cruise and idle, and also on boost!! 15 on overrun. No attempt to richen up and no leaning out... Slightly odd!

WOT run and still 14.7 all the way... Sat at idle and put a/c on and it jumps to 13.2 then 18 the back to 14.7

i put a fuel pressure tester on at idle and its fine showing 4 bar but I need to get hose to extend it out the bonnet to take it a run while attached... Any ideas?

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
check it under load.. more pressure = more fuel.. unless pumps weak and more boost = less fuel pressure.

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
check it under load.. more pressure = more fuel.. unless pumps weak and more boost = less fuel pressure.

Will do as soon as I can..

But I believe the turbo is shot now... Feels like compressor stall at about 4.5k now... Maf numbers jump about..Plus sounding a bit whiney... So will pull tip off this week and check play and state it's in..

Thinks its dead tho.. Getting smoke a few seconds after say for instance boost 2nd a bit then shift to 4th.. Then blue reek out the back then it stops.. Plus the whine I'm voting turbo! Happy I have a k03s sitting wi no play it in.. Will prob have to wait till end of month to change that... Tax to do this month :(