wife now around little finger, exhaust time!!!!

danny20vt

going back to basics
righty then, when i bought my car the back box was hanging a little low, so i asked the garage to weld another bracket on before i took delivery as i was planning things secretly in my head away from the one that rules, anyway i've enjoyed the car so much i forgot about it...

...until 1 mile from home this evening, so, i've persuaded the wife to let me have some of my wages for a new one and i'm allowed around £250-£300, can anyone recommend a back box/cat back system for this price range, i also want a sporty sound but need it a bit quiet for little 11 week old ears, the 4 year old ears don't matter they'd love a loud one. I've thought of going to exhaustsuk again as i have had good experiences there before, mainly though as i fancy a 6"X 4" oval but all i can find is twin exits
HELP

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
milltek cat back is around £320
jetek a little cheaper but fairly quiete is £295

piper system is also ment to be okay.

struggle to find 6x4 oval tbh mate.

stick to the oem twin pipe, looks good in milltek form.

danny20vt

going back to basics
milltek cat back is around £320
jetek a little cheaper but fairly quiete is £295

piper system is also ment to be okay.

struggle to find 6x4 oval tbh mate.

stick to the oem twin pipe, looks good in milltek form.

this is why i thought of exhaustsuk, they do any tail pipe imaginable, but not sure on performance gains compared to the others as i've only had theirs on low powered cars

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
wouldnt go custom tbh mate, no proven tests done.. may look okay, depends on the franchise really.

personally think oem look is the best, itll look like a cupra r when it isnt mate.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
nope you are right mate, forgot that one. but i think his is a cupra matey, do they do one for the cupra in oval?

still i prefer the oem look, wouldnt want it looking like the arse end of an r when it isnt

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Dont forget supersprint! They do oval shape, very similar to the LCR one, nicely rolled outer edge etc..

Had one on mine - absolute top quality, perfect fitment. That with a milltek sports-cat and i was a happy man.

I had to wait a while, as it was made to order tho.

&rew

That's what she said
Nov 13, 2006
Ipswich, Suffolk
Piper do an oval for the LC, £320 off the top of my head.

The website says it's a 5x3 oval that fits the cut out on the rear bumper.

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Only aftermarket I have used was a 'down pipe back' system & Cat replacement pipe from Magnex. Good quality & fit. Not too loud but nice note.
I've heard they have gone bankrupt. I bought mine from company called Roadrunner & think they still stock.

J0N

Defected!
Milltek Cat-Back, it cost me £330 for the resonated version which is'nt much noisier than standard, lovely.:D.
123.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

Dont let ExhaustsUK sell you a Cobra Stainless Exhaust, that will just upset the 11 week old, and the wife, and the neighbours, etc, etc.....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.