Wil mk2 seat belts fit a mk3 ibiza?

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
yes they do did mine 3 months ago only thing is the front seatbelts dont have a airbag connector so when you unplug the orginal seatbelts the light will come on but what ive done is leave them connected and put them inside the rear door card job done

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yes, but why would you want to fit 'at least' 10yr old seat belts with an unknown history?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
That's pretty obvious in my sig.

My point being - you would normally only get belts from a scrapped car... potential accident damage etc

I check the belts on all of my cars when I bought them to make sure they hadn't been used in anger

Cupra_20vT

Sep 2, 2008
That's pretty obvious in my sig.

My point being - you would normally only get belts from a scrapped car... potential accident damage etc

I check the belts on all of my cars when I bought them to make sure they hadn't been used in anger

sorry just didn't see that.

but ok have you changed the selt belts in your car that was made in 1990 or do you no the history of them. As Thatcham recommend you renew them after ten years old.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
So if you know they need to be changed at 10yrs old, why are you wanting to fit ones that are 10yrs old

My Mazda has Sabelt Harnesses in it.

Cupra_20vT

Sep 2, 2008
So if you know they need to be changed at 10yrs old, why are you wanting to fit ones that are 10yrs old

My Mazda has Sabelt Harnesses in it.

They have to the checked every few year if not every year they are in track cars

what i am getting at is nobody goes by the book at all times and if your silly enough to buy seat belts that are not working its you own loss as they will not pass the test every year and your ricking your own life.:D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
And there was me thinking this was about your car, not my cars....

Anyway, it seems like you think you know what you're talking about, so why let common sense get in the way

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members