window cable

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
as some of you know my window stopped working abruptly yday.a mate popped off the door card earlier and it seems the cable has snapped,the bit he bought me in looks like very thick liquorice!! can i get the cable or does this mean a whole new mechanism? be grateful if anyone knows,spent a fortune this week and i need my brakes doing! all or nothing eh?

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
I've had the cable snap in my mechanism 3 weeks ago. Thought about repairing it but its near damn impossible so I just searched for a whole new electric window mechanism. £30 later my window is once again working top notch :D

Mig

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Cheers Mig,Ebay/breakers here i come,Kinghams wanted £103.41 plus vat [:@] so £120 all in,i don't think so somehow. Told me i had to change the whole mechanism,no other option,what a f****r they get you one way or another!!!

Emms

Same happened to me 2 weeks apart on each window! - got 2 2nd hand mechs fitted for £100 - few good places in Bristol worth a try - might be a bit far to come tho'

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
cheers emms,that wasn't bad price! not sure i fancy the drive with dodgy brakes n the threat of my window falling down on the M4,currently wedged with timber,may have found one just checking if compatible!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
do you know what models yours came from? figured should all be same see other thread!! but want confirmation before i part with anything more;)

Emms

hey beezertart,
im pretty sure mine came from the same car i have, if you want send me your e-mail and ill send you the number where i had it done as they will know- let me know

emms :)

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Hi Emms,
Noticed you don't have a option to send you a pm,anyway my email is . Am i taking my life in my hands putting my number on here!?;)

Last edited: