window problem

CD

Jul 9, 2009
east sussex
I have a strange problem with my windows i left the car locked with all windows shut i went back to the car and all the windows where wide open the car was still locked :shrug: the cars standerd has enyone had this problem? any help is much appreciated now worried about leaving it .:cry:...will i have to sleep in it now...:censored:

leeanne carr

I had a different problem on my 1.8 20v t I tryed to put window down it went down the when I tryed to put it up start to make crunching noise then window went down instead of up and now has stopped going up or down but when I press switch it sounds like the motor is working but no action how do I get the metal panel off the door so I can check the guts

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

leeanne carr

Thanks lee I can't get link at moment as iam using my pda as laptop is getting fixed do u know if I need to drill out rifits to get metal panel off I need to take it off anyway to reseal it as it leaks lol

leeanne carr

Do I need to drill out the rifits and the pop rifits to get the hole metal panel off or do I leave the motor on and the rifits on.

Jul 8, 2007
No its quite simple ul find the plastic part where the cables wrap around to move the windows has failed mine has done the same, All u do is unbolt the metal part an it comes off no drilling involved watsoever and i think for a replacement its around £30 seen a few on ebay

leeanne carr

Do I need to take the motor off then the panel or will it all come off in one plus do I touch the 4 pop ridits in the metal panel thanks for all your help by the way I just fixed my brake switch it had just jammed thank god

leeanne carr

I had a go and yes its the black plastic part the motor attaches to has broke off plus looks like I need a need cable as the wire has got cought and is damage where could I get one from could I go to skoda or vw as I live far from seat plus what do they call that part anyone in south wales got any spare ones lying around lol had to ask

Jul 8, 2007
You have to replace the whole part wires included its called the regulator try ebay just looked an there between £20-£30 look easy enough to do :)

leeanne carr

Thanks will try set a account up but if not would the regulators be the same at a skoda or vw dealer and is that part a main dealer part only

Jul 8, 2007
i was readin about this on the VW forum so i can only assume its the same (looks it) Best bet is to ring your local VAG dealer An ask for the Window regulator an ask if it would fit you car, i think from dealers your looking around £45-£50

leeanne carr

window regulator help

Hi all I need to replace the window regulator as plastic holder is broken and wire is damaged to would a golf or audi or skoda part fit it as seat is costly and I know vw audi and skoda are the same makers or seat if yes what model of car do I need to look out for thanks all