Window washers problem..........

Scotsguard

I have an 07 FR DSG which isn't skooshing the windows properly! I noticed a while ago that the rear washer was a bit weak as it was only spraying half the distance it used to, but just recently, the front passenger side washer hasn't been working at all. The pump doesn't sound any different and the driver side is still fine.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? I know it's probably a trip to the dealers to fix it but if anyone has some ammo for me to go in with it would be handy.

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
The rear is likely to be a split pipe in the boot section mine did this the connector is juts behind the panel in the boot on the drivers side, its an absolute bitch to get at but it should just be a matter of pushing it back together. You'll be able to tell if its this by pulling the seat belt out a bit on the rear drivers side seat, if it feels damp then its probably what I said.

As for the passenger front not sure about that I'm afraid as I didn't have any problems on that score.

Think there was a thread a while ago on a similar subject

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Be interesting to see if you get to the bottom of your weak n/s washers - I have the same thing on my A3 - haven't had a chance to investigate yet

Scotsguard

Had it into the dealers yesterday for them to look at it. New washer jet ordered under warranty and just on the off-chance, I asked them to look at one of the wheels which had a small bubble on one of the spokes. Replacement wheel on order too, also under warranty! No questons asked. Pleasantly surprised.

Now if only the other 3 wheels would bubble I could get some new, non-kerbed (the missus!) wheels

Scotsguard

Had it in to get fixed and I thought all was well until the salesman told me that the replacement wheel they got for me was the wrong colour! Got a call from the service depot today to say that the colour of wheel I have (18" Andromeda) is no longer available as it has changed(?). She said the best they can do is to get the wheel repainted by the chap they use to repair their wheels which sounded a bit crap to me, until she said that they had noticed the other 3 wheels were scuffed (due to the missus!) and because they couldn't replace the wheel, they would offer to pay part of the fee to get all 4 wheels repaired.

Sounds ok to me but money is a bit tight just now and also the 2 rear tyres need replacing soon. I don't want my shiny wheels possibly getting damaged by a tyre fitter after just having them fixed!

Anyone have any ideas?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I'd get them refurbished cheaply whilst you have the opportunity. When it comes to tyre change time, just make sure you go somewhere decent and be sure to point out that all four wheels are immaculate before they start fitting.

I've had an alloy damaged at a fitters before and got it replaced FOC as I was sure to point out before fitting that all four wheels were in perfect condition.